Launcher installing (downloading?) extremely slowly

Gday all,

I downloaded the installer from my account page today and launched it a touch over 8 hours ago. When I chose to install it the launcher progress bar appeared with “Installing game, please wait”.

8 hours later and the progress is a little over 15%. (Progress is only noticeable when checking back after some time with a frame of reference where the progress bar was) Is this usual? My download speed through steam is 5-12 megabytes/second (40-90 megabits/second) so either this game is HUGE, the connection is abhorrent or something is going wrong.

At approximately 2% per hour that is a 2 day install…
I have not seen any other mention of this kind of issue so I am a bit confused.
I am in Australia if that is a factor.

Appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Z

2 Likes

Further to above; the launcher download size is 985kb and I assume it is still downloading the game files as the game install folder is still empty.

I wonder if I can get a refund,I have already wasted a day.

@DrFusselpulli
Maybe here are port forwarding the solution?
idk exactly but things like closed ports or an closed NAT can make many trouble

Not sure re: port forwarding?

I haven’t had this trouble with anything previously… Currently 11 hours in and approx 22% so maintaining the approx 2 day timeframe.

How long is it taking people normally?

Disappointing that steam keys arent available in this instance.

1 Like

what is your network speed? which DSL you have? 16000, 25000 or 50000

Generally around 90mbps (Fibre).

Unfortunately 13 hours in it is maintaining the same speed; 30ish hours to go I guess. (Assuming it doesnt fail in the interim)

That’s enough, i think…
very strange… you are using firewalls or antivirus software?

Same problem here, it takes forever to install the game. Currently im waiting at 3% in 1 hour. There is a fix for that?

1 Like

firewalls or antivirus software?

Is it still this slow? I will show this thread to our launcher designer anyway.

I have a similar problem.

The launcher runs for about 30 minutes, then declares “The remote server did not respond within reasonable time. Please check, if your internet connection is working properly.”

Yes, I know my Internet connection is slow, I’m trapped on a 5Mb/s connection, but even so, I can download large files given enough time.

When the launcher restarts the installation process it does not start back where it left off, it starts at the beginning of the previous download session. I have now downloaded the area between 45% and 65% approximately 10 times, and it never gets any further.

I can still access the internet via other computers, why does the launcher so easily lose TCP connection?

where can I download the launcher?

I installed the launcher but every time i go to install the beta it starts downloading really slow then when it gets to a certain point i get a popup saying “Remote server did not respond within reasonable time. Please check, if your internet connection is working properly.” There is nothing wrong with my internet. Anyone else having this problem?

I have the same problem :frowning:
I’ve been trying to install the beta for about 4 days now, redownloading the launcher several times because I read in another post that they tweaked it at some point. My internet connection is pretty slow at times, but I can download big files given enough time :smile:
The furthest I got is about 45 %. Also I’m trying to install it on another drive ( not default C:\ ) because of space reasons xD
Maybe thats the issue, because I read of people having problems in choosing and installing to another drive besides C:…
Which drive are you guys using? Has anyone succesfully installed it another one besides c:\ ?

I tried downloading the launcher again and this time it worked… couldn’t see any difference to the one I used yesterday :slight_smile:
I could even install it on E:… so, maybe downloading the launcher and trying again might work for you… had goosebumps all the way trough the intro… they really did an amazing job.

Good luck with the installation!

I had the same problem. So i left my computer on for the whole night and it finally worked.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I left it on overnight and the next day the progress bar showed completed but there was an error popup saying install failed.
I clicked ok and went to click download again but the button changed to play and it worked fine. Only played briefly but seems to have no issues.

1 Like

hello i have the same problem did you figure it out?