Lead other AI warriors

Hello,

It’s my first post here and I would love to see the opportunity, maybe from mid-game till the end of it, to actually lead a small squad during quests and/or lead a unit/division/troop during the massive/s battles.

I just read a topic talking about the chance to become a baron and own properties, which would be absolutely great, but people said it won’t not be possible. That’s a pity, but I hope the player can be given at least a militar position in the army and give orders to his companions or soldiers. If the possible knight title came with a similar feature I am sure it would please many players and give coherence to the history because continued success in missions could easily lead to that opportunity as far as I know even in that century.

Thanks!

First off, welcome to the forums!

As for your post, I’ll try to answer as best I can.

It’s my first post here and I would love to see the opportunity, maybe from mid-game till the end of it, to actually lead a small squad during quests and/or lead a unit/division/troop during the massive/s battles.

Nice first post, but no. We won’t be able to lead a small force of men simply because we aren’t part of the army. I’ve heard we’ll have companions however such as a dog and Henrietta (the women who pulls your ass out from the Cuman raid on your village)

I just read a topic talking about the chance to become a baron and own properties, which would be absolutely great, but people said it won’t not be possible.

Exactly where did you read that? People are correct, we won’t be getting any titles in the first Act (at least I’m pretty sure), and nobility is not kind to upstart peasants becoming nobility, especially a baronage.

That’s a pity, but I hope the player can be given at least a militar position in the army and give orders to his companions or soldiers.

We’re not in the army. We actually operate outside of it but are bound by oath to our lordship so we’re, at best for words, are like CIA/FBI/IRA/etc, meaning we can do what we want as long as we get the job done regardless of who we kill or what we fuck up on along the way.

If the possible knight title came with a similar feature I am sure it would please many players and give coherence to the history because continued success in missions could easily lead to that opportunity as far as I know even in that century.

Again, I’ve never heard of a peasant becoming more than a peasant (except Joan of Arc, but she was a vessel of God, so she doesn’t count) Knighthood is a lower class of nobility, and while it is possible we may receive the title, I’m quite doubtful since knighthood comes with lands, serfs and a whole new level of gameplay since now we’d have to deal with jealous nobles wanting us dead.

Now this is only what I know, so if anyone else has better information then I do then you should listen to them.

2 Likes

Thank you for your extense and detailed answer @TheKnightinBlack!

Ok, I didn’t know the player won’t be strictly part of the army, which explains the lack of the feature. I am not an expert of the medieval age but I have read about it and hold a special interest in it. After looking for some information, it seems as I thought that although it’s true that granting knighthood to a peasant could be far from usual, the privilege nobility (different from the blood nobility and given directly by the King) could perfectly be granted to services given to the Kingdom or glorious actions. And I suppose the players actions in the game can reach that epic level. But again, it’s true, being a knight doesn’t mean to hold lands directly, ergo probably even in that case the player wouldn’t be able to earn a rent, which makes impossible at least to pay a little squad.

Btw, the topic mentioned was the following: Possible to become a Baron?

Thanks again!