Levels of difficulty (Archery and Lookpicking)

At the moment there are only two minigames with different levels of difficulty.
Archery and lookpicking.
They changed archery heavy since Alpha 0.21. Now it´s much easier.
Is it just right, or is it too easy?

What´s with lookpicking? Who thinks it´s okay?
Who has lookpicked the hidden chest? How many attempts?

I would prefer a little harder difficulty, specially at archery… :smile:
Is it now “realistic”?(I know moving objects are harder to hit)

Lockpicking - for me it feels quite chunky, it’s like I have little control over it.
I did not open the hidden chest, though i tried only once as I was unable to play for a time.

Archery - Problem with archery as Dan Vávra said in one of the video updates, is that it is OP if it’s too easy. So you cannot focus on whats closer to reality but instead on balancing the game and making it fun.
Personally I think that the new system is alright. Not too hard and not too easy. It takes practise to hit something but does not require spending too much time on it.

I believe that this game is for wide public, not just for hardcore gamers or history geeks. The game is supposed to be played and if you will be fighting the game instead of Sigismunds men then it is a bad game.

I could even imagine Archery getting easier as you get better in it.

End of my thoughts

1 Like

The archery was made easier in this alpha version and it’s also stated in the top right corner when you’re starting the competition. So I guess it will be more difficult when you start a new game and get a lot easier with more training.

I didn’t have enough time to play until I could do lockpicking. The next alpha definitely needs a proper savegame feature.

Both difficulties are relative to Henrys skill. We can talk about balancing it when beta is out but I think I would like alpha 0.1
archery as an starting point. Maybe just a little harder so you will have to train first to be able to shoot moving targets. I am talking mouse now. With controller i suck even in alpha .3 where it is much easier (but I generally suck with controller). Lockpicking is fine. I don’t want to spend 3 tries to get to someones lardrer. But some locks should ve only possible who plays as a thief.

They did not change the archery but merely increase Henrys skill as it will be possible in game (RPG mechanic).
By my experience with archery it is now pretty realistic. The target is static and close so experienced archer shouldnt have any problem.
Also as you mentioned… in gight, target would be moving and that makes it a lot different.

The lockpicking, on the other hand, is now rather easy for me (the hidden chest on 3rd attpemt). I wouldnt mind if they made the mechanic more complex. But that was discussed in topic about lockpicking. @Tobi promised it will be more difficult in game :slight_smile: (perhaps becouse there will be more difficult locks).

Maybe strength should factor in how strong a bow is. That way it doesn’t have to be OP.

In my opinion they made huge changes: in 0.21 the shaking was like a wave, now it´s only a line, left- right, out of the midle. Very static. Now we have a zoom funktion. When you increase strenght(by shooting minigame) the zoom factor levels also up.

Yes, I think it´s a problem because, with one shoot (head) you are able to kill everyone (realistic).
To find the right balance will take some time.
I’m curious about how Warhorse will make difficult level in general.
When you start the game with EASY, will you have more Strenght (all skills) at the beginning?
Or will the fights being easier, the foes less powerful, with less stamina?
The difference will come from the gamemechanic.
I hope everybody can adjust more things in the options to find a good balance, to enjoy the game.

That still could be caused by higher skill Henry has in 0.3 compare to 0.2.

I havent noticed that the zoom is stronger when you increase Henrys strenght. If its true than it doesnt give much sense.