List of Alpha bugs so far

So far I recorded myself playing the alpha for 20 or so minutes. I have run into the following:

-Chickens have no clipping in the 3d world.
-Puddles and other ground sprites have issues where the player’s
foot will be visible through the puddle (and even the ground
around it).
-I was able to get the chat dialogue boxes to appear on my first play through, but ever since then it has not shown up. I have tried messing with all graphical settings and game settings to see if it was tied to the menu but found nothing.
-Music will change volumes mid-game for very brief periods of time (I have the volume of music turned almost all the way down and it will jump up a few notches and then back down without me changing anything).
-The game shut off my graphics driver (fatal crash) once, and the game fatally crashed all on its own separate from the graphics driver (I don’t know why unfortunately).
-Using the sharpening stone causes your head to detach from your body, and the camera becomes fixed in place as your body is free to move around. (repeatable problem) (only occurs when you have no dialog options in-game)
-The women in town have no eyeballs.
-Some of the villagers’ paths cause them to glitch through walls or even small structures.
-The texture for doorways (on the outside of houses) floats from the outer wood wall by a few cm.
-You can climb rooftops (not sure if this is a desired feature).
-The sound for the crickets (or w/e insect ambience is playing) never seems to fade or change direction as you walk around, which sounds like it is attached to you while moving through the town.
-One of the baskets (not sure if there are more) in town has a name of “@” and has no inventory model.
-When taking off your character’s clothes, he continues to wear clothes and sometimes has a see-through model around his shoulders. (I may need to reproduce to verify)
-Physics models for hanging clothes will clip into themselves.
-Sometimes the options in the audio and video sections wont save on a restart of the game.
-Some texture blending issues on the roadways in town.
-Characters in town will disappear at random when they leave the edge of town.
-Compass at top of screen doesn’t work (wont move around with character).
-Cannot pick up items that have been dropped from the player’s inventory.
-People and objects will float in mid-air sometimes.
-No mouse control in dialog options
-Many cases of people flying, floating, or doing an idle animation in mid-air.
-Water discoloration (I’ve only seen this on AMD cards so far)
-Disfigured player model in the player’s inventory
-Strange camera angles during conversations
-Lighting from lanterns or fires will glow through walls
-The bellows at the smithy move by themselves (when the smith is using the anvil)
-Some AI will go into a falling stance when they are on, inside of, or too close to an object when you begin talking to them. (Their arms will stick straight out or up in the air).
-AI behavior often allows the townspeople to do their tasks wherever they want (cooking in other rooms than the living room, farming in the street, etc.)
-The inside of clothes is invisible so you can see through a character at the right angles.

Please feel free to add more to the list by posting below and ill update my list to keep the thread clean. Thanks.

As for my specs, I am running the following:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64x bit
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
Intel i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), overclocked to 4.3GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB DDR5 VRAM
8GB DDR3 1600 MHz ram

Without recording I get about 40 - 60 fps on the “Very High” setting at 1920x1080p resolution. (I ran an FPS counter from NVidia on my screen)

The link for the footage:

Time-stamps for listed bugs:
Chickens clipping through walls - 3:20 - 3:33
Man disappearing on road - 6:40 - 6:52
Clothes clipping into themselves - 8:05 - 8:30
Grinding Stone glitch - 8:40 - 9:10 and 18:53 - 19:30
Texture blending issue on road - 10:22 - 10:50
No dialog option - 11:04 - 11:42 and 23:45 - 24:22
No eyeballs - 11:20 - 11:38
Town person clipping walls - 13:17 - 13:34
Floating door texture - 14:22 - 14:42
Climbable rooftops - 16:25 - 17:02
See-through puddle sprites - 17:15 - 17:46
Compass not working - (entire video)

1 Like

Now I have full dialog options, people have eyeballs, the grind stone doesn’t cause me to lose my head, and the compass is working. So it seems that if stuff isn’t working for people when they play if they restart the game they can play the rest of the alpha.

if your game does not have dialog options or the quests don’t work, try restarting the game, it worked for me.

Flying woman (almost like a religious experience with the sun effect)

3 Likes

Uhhhhhhhhhhh…
Isn’t there already another thread for this? I believe it’s even called Alpha Bugs List?

I think it would help things if the OP put his OP there, and this particular thread were closed… thoughts? :smiley:

the forum is a bit of a mess atm with there being so many different bug threads. I had originally made this one right after the one you talked about and even offered to keep the list updated so it could be used as reference for what else to look for.

Great so far.
Here are the bugs I stumbled upon on my second session.

Some issues with the blending of the beard, and culled faces on the shirt. Several models have the shirt issue.

Z-fighting

Floating spoon

Many awkward camera angles during conversations

Woman very thorough with this door

Woman cooking wherever she wants

Man farming wherever he wants

Woman standing wherever she wants

Edit: Also, opening doors while they’re being opened causes some door mischief.
Jumping seems not to be smooth at the moment too.

1 Like

Ah, my bad… Well, whatever keeps things neat and most benefits the game and team. :smiley: :slight_smile:

Im not sure what to do with pictures people post, maybe create another reply where I copy all the pictures into one place? Or just leave them? idk.

I notice that the mouse does not work for me in dialog mode. I have to use the UP and DOWN ARROW and the ENTER key and the ESC key to exit a dialog early. (The End Dialog option works for completely exiting the dialog)

added to list :slight_smile: thank you

system integration…

Guy is resting his arms in mid air

Character is horribly disfigured in the inventory.

The bellows move themselves while the blacksmith is smithing on the anvil

What do you mean by system integration?

what knows a tramper like myself… :-/
It is now your job… I am no mainstream!
get out of here myself… :-S

{Woman standing wherever she wants.}

Witch! Witch! Burn her at the stake!

Yaay… i have found a bug without beeing on Alpha. Its hidden but it is there.
As you can see in this thread, either the compass is wrong or the sky is pointing in the wrong direction. Polaris (the star) should point to the north.

@YuusouAmazing
Wouldn’t it make sense to merge the two “bug list” threads. The forum is very, very fragmented right now… :confused:

(You could also use W/S for up/down and E instead of enter)
I think actually the highlighted options in red are really hard to see. It might be my questionable color vision, but I have to really concentrate to see what item in the menus I’ve selected.

As for bugs, some conversations seem to never end almost. While we can’t hear anything, sometimes a line would stay up for almost a full minute before going on (which brought me into the habit of hitting escape as soon as I’d read what they said).

Unrelated to the dialogs, I think the sprinting seems too fast.
I noticed it was possible to walk with an Xbox controller, but I’d really love to do this with the keyboard too.

A wonderful Alpha so far :slight_smile: I noticed the water was bright pink at the bottom of the waterfall, (when you walk over the bridge, look to the left side) as well as the shade of water color in the river was a terrible blue… Just what I noticed so far, ill keep looking and exploring