Livestream Tuesday 1st of december 7pm CET

Hello good Warhorsians! We want to make a livestream about the new 0.5 Alpha on Tuesday 1st of december 7pm CET on www.twitch.tv/warhorsestudios. This will not be a oneway monologue by us, but we want you to ask us questions about the game, the development, the alpha gameplay, the weather in Prague or whatever you like! :grin:

Think about topics you would like to see on the livestream. You can make suggestions and ask questions here or prepare some oft them and aks us later during the livestream in the chat.

Dan VƔvra and Tobi will try to answer your questions in the livestream. have fun! :wink:

2 Likes

Nice iā€™ll be watching.
Wil it be on Twitch or Youtube?

We want to find a solution to be on Twitch. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would prefer to focus on just oneā€¦ donĀ“t try to fight at two battlefields at once, look at WW2 Germany! :smiley:

1 Like

Damn this will make it hard to make subtitles live when you guys talk! :frowning:

But no, livestream sounds better then video to me! And good that itā€™s on twitch and youtube, then I can have the stream on the TV(ps4) and chat on twitch on the pc!

I will not be able to be there :frowning: hope people are going to ask good questions

You could always ask your now.

Ok some question from me:

1. Will the Warhorse really publish the game next summer? Would you consider postponing the game if the quality was not what you expected? Or would you roll it anyway?

2. Combat from horse back. Yes/No.

3. It really bugs me in Fallout4 that I cannot open 90% of boxes, only specific ones with bright colours. Will the same be in KCD? Or will we be able to get inside every chest, box, basket and stash?

4. Loading screen between locations or when entering a building? (i always though that it is out of the question, but after the Skyrim4ā€¦ um I mean FO4, I am starting to have my doubts)

5. How many breweries will be in the game? (at least one I hope)

6. And finally how many priests do you need to drink 50 kegs of ale?

1 Like

Some from me:

1. Is having to sleep and eat mandatory, or can it be switched off/tweaked in settings or difficulty?

2. How easy/hard it will be to kill somebody in release? Whats your aim for this? Do you want to be more realistic, and do instakills when you hit to unprotected head, or do you want slightly less harsh approach of lower damage/more health? It bugs me in alpha to hit a peasant three times from back to kill him :smiley:

2b) Or do you consider approach of only knocking down opponent to win a fight, and after that we can decide to kill that person? (I would love that, suddenly you realize, that its quite hard to just malevolently kill somebody who is lying on the ground without ability to defend himself, creates great emotions imo)

1. What are your most recent problems in development? Is there any feature development0 not going as planned, which backers should know about?

2. How do you want to implement weapon/armor degradation? Is it going to depend on what material/armor I attack with my weapon? Can it be permanently destroyed? Can it be upgraded from default state (sharpening etc.)?

3. Do you think its possible to visualize weapon degradation(tooth on the edge, hole in armor)? Even just decals would be fine, I guess creating models of damaged items for all armors and weapons in game would be terrible amount of extra work. Or will it be just a number in stats?

4. Do you already have a new video guy?

5. How many swords do you have at warhorse? :smiley:

Hi

Can we play the game through a third person view? As I can get a bit dizzy from playing through first person view. I remember some time ago there were discussions about this and it seemed like the option would be taken out. But it would be nice to have a choice of how to play. Some prefer first person others third person view. It is up to each how they want to play the game. One should not be forced to play one way or the other if it is fairly easy to have both included.

Thanks.

Polearms, polearms, polearms.

The most common weapon of the era not being in the game that has ā€œrealisticā€ as its main selling point. Please address that.

Children, children, children.

Again, realism. It seems they are written off for this part. What are the chances they will be in Act 2?

1 Like

Yes! I made a mistake here. Twitch and Youtube was in planning, but as someone told me we will focus on twitch and upload the video on Youtube later. So livestream will be Twitch only.

Daā€™fuq is twitch?

A streaming plattform for games content: http://www.twitch.tv/

2 Likes

1.When do you estimate we will able to see other weapons in alpha or videoupdate. And when the hunting system?

2.Do you plan to make some killing animations? The combat looks pretty awesome but the end of a fight could be more realistic and immersive.

2 Likes

It seems to me that polearms wont make it in Act 1 release. But maybe they could be added later in some update or dlc before relase of Act 2? Of course only if God, praised be his name, will permit Act 2 to be made.

Is a third person view completely out of the picture?

I voted against it before, but then I thought at first the game would be entirely first person. I really enjoy this sort of thing as it adds very deep immersion. But seeing as there is third person in cutscenes and dialouges anyway, I think it might as well be a nice feature outside of combat.

2 Likes

Great, here are questions of mine:

1. Whats the situation with crossbows? Will they be in the game?

2. What is the actual list of weapons that will make it to the final game?

3. Will full head helmet affect your vision?

4. How did you decide to solve the saving of the game?

5. Will there be a hardcore mode, with more real and hardcore functions or principles (which only some parts of the community wanted), like it was in New Vegas?

6. Will the time, that you have to wait, when you skipping time shorten?

2 Likes

Will it be possible in one of the future acts to buy my own house in Rattay, trade or produce goods, later become a mayor, and start developing the village and the countryside to my liking? Five tiers of building updates should be enough. Even olā€™good The Guild had four or soā€¦ :smiley:

Otherwise Iā€™m going to be huugely disappointed.

1 Like

Hope you forgot this: /s