Missing Money

So I’ve run into a game-breaking bug that’s preventing me from playing. Namely my money completely disappears any time I load up the game.

I loaded up my most recent save to discover I had no Groschen at all. Thought it might have been an isolated bug, so I loaded up and earlier save where I still had my money and played from there. Overall I lost maybe 2 hours of gameplay, no biggie.

But now the issue has happened again, and I’ve lost 6 hours of gameplay. It’s impossible to play any further in the game as any future saves I make result in me losing all my money.

Any help would be appreciated; I really want to keep playing, but can’t if I keep going broke every time I load.

Haven’t heard of this bug happening before. Maybe try storing it in a chest or your horse before you save?

I’ve seen players post about this before. I’m sure it’s under the known bugs

@Mw2ruinslives That is something I can do, but I’d rather the bug be looked into rather than having to store more Groschen each and every time before I save.

@zeltchoron I did a search earlier for the topic, but couldn’t find any. Could you direct me to such posts?

I know I’ve seen someone post the same thing yesterday or the day before.

You should reply with what you’ve done recently and see if it is parellell to the other player. If this is a bug then the devs will need more info.

to make the dev aware of the bug, mail them at : Support@kingdomcomerpg.com

Same problem with me. Was able to earn 3k+ gold but after auto saving thru sleeping it was gone! Kinda frustrating cuz of all the efforts you made was down the drain

Hmmm… a few time ago, i dreamed about that most of my money got stolen by a NPC at the mill in Rattay. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I was angry in this dream, but now i’m happy that it isn’t possible that NPCs rob your ingame money.

1 Like

I think the problem is with there saving system it is really bugged ive seen people who cant save anymore or in other cases people who got there save corrupted note in KCD when the game save it doesnt replace an old save it always make a new one so buy the time u finish the game u have probably more than 100 saves worst of all those save are in one save file (for the ps4 idk other devises) so if one save gets corrupted all data are gone best way is to keep on deleting older save and back up your save.

and for you case IDK whats going on but i suggest for anyone to delete there older save and backing up there saves in a USB at this current state of the game

So an update on this issue:

It isn’t even just coins in your inventory. I literally stored all my groschen in an owned chest before I saved, and when I loaded the game, ONLY THE MONEY WAS MISSING FROM THE CHEST. I didn’t even have it in my actual inventory! It seems the bug literally just takes whatever money you have, wherever you have it and gets rid of it for some reason.

The game is unfortunately completely unplayable because of this, and it could take weeks for it to be patched out. Any idea what exactly might be causing this? I’ve tried loading earlier saves (and thus losing several hours of progress) but the bug persists no matter how far back I load a save.

I have already reported the bug, but if there’s ANY way to solve this issue before it’s officially patched, I’d be grateful.