MMQ - Bug Hunt!

Hi guys!

I’m gonna fill in this topic with bugs, to help you pinpoint them.
I am a hardcore player and a modder that always seeks immersion and the highest possible challenge in my games. For years I’ve been playing Skyrim on legendary difficulty, and now with customly tweaked Requiem, and several survival and tons of immersion mods the game is very close to my ideal RPG. But now the time came for something better - Kingdom Come is what I always wanted from an RPG, and this is my humble contribution.

my computer specs:
Windows 8 pro 64-bit
Intel i-5-3350P 3.10GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
DirectX 11

- flickering sky -
The sky is flickering with some kind of gray shadow. It occurs only when I face towards the sun. Night sky also flickers (but much less than the day sky) again only if I face where the sun set behind the forest.

- Equipping/Un-equipping model bugs
When I un-equipped my gear for the first time, player model in inventory became visually really buggy. Like the meshes got distorted and torn apart. However, simple closing of inventory and re-opening fixed it.

- Picking up thrown items bug -
When I threw my hood on the ground, I saw “E to pick it up” but I couldn’t. My hood was on the ground and whatever I tried I couldn’t pick it up.

- Dialogue camera is messy -
Camera angles are off. Switches between Close ups and Medium shots are messy. Dialogue options are tough around the edges.

- Music turning off -
When the main theme ends, there is a long pause between the music starting to play again. Maybe you wanted this effect, dunno.

- Water surface reflections -
screenshot1 screenshot2 screenshot3. Rivers reflect some weird combination of plain Blue, Red and Magenta. However, when I jump into it, from the surface level, it looks ok.

- Missing meshes -
screenshot1 Missing table for the drunks in the middle of the village. One NPC is sitting in the air and drinking. In the blacksmith area, there is a furnace with the lighted fire in it, surrounded by piled wood - well, the furnace mesh is missing. I can see the fire burning in the air.

- Missing NPC’s eyes -
screenshot1 Poor lovely nightmare girl.

- Clipping Issues -
screenshot1 screenshot2 Also noticed when NPC pick up stuff that often the item would levitate near their hands. There are many more but I guess that is normal. You’ll get that fixed quite easily so I won’t bother pinpointing each one of them unless you want me to.

- Walk -
Seriously, this is a must. When I entered the village, I really really wanted to walk and immerse myself in it. But I couldn’t. Add walk option. Please!

- Commoners without dialogue -
Those NPC’s that will be just to fill in the world, allow them to say “Buzzer off”, “Leave me alone.”, “Go away.”, “I don’t wanna talk to you.”, “Don’t you have nothing better to do?”… etc, rather than making them un-clickable.

- Chicken should run -
Chicken should run away from the player when you come sprinting towards them.

- Sprinting and stamina -
Sprinting uses too little stamina. I can sprint almost whole day. It will brake the immersion if players will be sprinting all around the place whole time. EDIT: Anna, the stamina is depleting, but very slowly. I can sprint from the top of the hill almost to the end of the village in one breath. Dunno is it supposed to be like that.

- Carry weight -
It is Alpha now so it doesn’t really matter, but when the time comes 500 units (is it in kilos, or pounds?) of carry weight is waaay to much if you ask me. Add the ability to craft backpacks, or sacks to carry on the back that would add additional carry weight to the player.

You’ve already done tons of amazing stuff and the world looks truly beautiful! As I said, this was a 15min gameplay. I’ll return again when I’ll be able to and write more stuff. Guys, keep up the great work and good luck on creating this (for me and my taste) soon to become perfect game.

Cheers,
Ivan

8 Likes

Hi!
Thank you for the list :wink: We are taking into consideration your “walk” suggestion. Commoners will certainly do more in the final game, so as the chickens. About sprinting - it must be a bug, because normally you can´t certainly sprint for such a long time. We hope you will like the final game!
Cheers!

Updated!

Found more bugs. I won’t point out the placeholder item names. Guess that needs to be so for now. Plus, I still haven’t been able to start the marksman quest. That trainer is always somewhere doing something. Bastard. :smile:

You can walk by using a controller but I think the normal speed when using a keyboard is way to fast! Hes running all the time and it doesnt fit with the whole atmosphere. I want to enjoy the game and see all the things not running past them. Also Stamina should decrease much faster.

and is there an option to click away the dialogue text? Its displayed too long imo

I use ESC button. Yes, it’s hard to know where the dialogue is when the voice acting is not yet in the game.

I have all the same bugs as OP. I also ran into a bug regarding the Master Archer.

I spoke to the archer when he was on his way to work and he said something along the lines of “Speak to me when I’m at the archery range.” That makes sense, but when I spoke to him at the archery range, he asked if I wanted to put down a another wager. I didn’t have a bow or any money so my only option was to refuse. I haven’t been able to repeat this bug, but I’ll post it if it comes up again.

I’ve had a very consistent bug, though its mostly amusing more than anything else: in just about every single house in the very centre of it there is a floating spoon. Its possible to pick up though it is just called “@” so is every other item I ran into except for the bow.

In fact, player can sprint from the intial point to the path past the blacksmith going across the bridge at the center of the village. Also, you can jump like forever without any risk of getting tired. Maybe it could be changed too, isn’t it?

A walk / jog toggle is definitely needed. Like hitting W and S at the same time in arma 3.

Yes, i also have this bug constantly. Although you can eat the food.
C.

Can you? This forum keeps giving me reasons to check back on the alpha. Even if its likely entirely pointless and does nothing, I need to know!

Yes, it´s gonna be changed :wink:

1 Like

Where can you eat food?

Well there are apples. And when you look at them in the inventory screen there is the option called “Eat”^^

can you pick them up? I didnt recognize that

Yeah, at least some of them. It´s a bit tricky because of the angle^^

Yes you can eat the food. I picked up a loaf of bread (i think), and as said above there is an option in inventory to eat!