My feedback thus far

If there are better channels to leave my feedback on the game, please let me know. In the mean time, here’s what I found:

• Cannot have Olena respond to my whistle and don’t see any horse on the Horse tab, yet I could get her no problem at the stable after the first night (main story). Also, after the cutscene where there are plenty of corpses, she straight disappeared (didn’t have time to go looking for her where I left her, but this is where my problem comes in);
  • The save system is interesting but I would give it as an option, not force everyone into that. I am a saving wh*re and since I am a father I usually cannot play very long sessions. I read you can save when you sleep in your bed, so I will try and do that, but still I prefer the standard method.
  • Game crashed 2 times (luckily for me pretty close to a save) but I am worried I will uninstall the game if I need to redo again 2 hours of gameplay because of a random crash. Cannot quite recall the error messages, unfortunayely, so please let me know if there is a file I can send your way to retrieve this data.
  • Right before I stopped playing for today, everytime I approached whatever character he was always like: “I heard a noise” or “What are you doing here?” even if I was not in a private area. Didn’t get any negative reaction from them, but I thought it was worth mentioning as if this keeps going it will drive me insane as I am quite the sneaky guy;
  • Steam Cloud would be appreciated;
  • Game doesn’t seem to be too well optimized: it is the first time I have to include even a voice that says medium and the rest is set to high (not very high) and still cannot hit 60fps at all times, even indoors.
  • EDIT Correct me if I’m wrong, but it is always online, correct? I would personally appreciate if you could remove this, but I bet you had your reasons not to do it. When my girl is sleeping I occasionally play on the TV and I cannot connect to the internet there, so I will not be able to play KCD…
  • EDIT When Henry is talking and you loot something, he’ll stop talking while looting and when you exit the loot menu he won’t finish what he was talking about.
  • EDIT Shadow doesn’t have a neck when it is projected on your side.
  • EDIT: sometimes I sorta get stuck in the stairs, meaning that I cannot go up the stairs but I can back up and try again til I can make it.
  • EDIT: During the first vagabond quest, I decided to save with a Saviour Schnipp right before I entered into the house and I was alone. Was able to steal the coin and tried going back to the vagabond. Was stopped by a guard, so I decided to load the game again. Now a girl was ALWAYS right next to me, blocking me up the stairs and I literally had to ghost my way through her and wait for all the new characters to do their routine before I could try stealing again. Long story short: spent about 30 minutes on this part alone. My complain is that I saved because the situations were optimal, but when I loaded the game again, everything changed.

This being said, I am really enjoying the game and will certainly play tons of it, that’s why I backed it on KS. I know these are busy times for you folks, but I would like to know if you read this and hopefully will be able to fix these issues.

System specs:
i7 7700K; 16GB DDR4; GTX 980Ti; playing @1440p

You’ll see this later in the game (you get a horse after hunting quest)

they are working on improving save system (probably save when exit)

do you wear stealthy clothing/armor?

I agree

I agree, they will work on improving framerate/optimization

yes it is, would be better when you can play offline too I agree

1 Like

You can find her at the quarry at Talmberg.
It isn’t your horse so you can’t use her like a owned horse and she will not react to whistles. But you can mount and ride her and it isn’t seen as stealing (until you ask a cuman maybe).

This is the way how the game tells the player that a NPC noticed Henry or at last something.
So the player knows that the NPC likely will show some action.

1 Like

I second most of what the OP has encountered, with one or two exceptions.

Great game though!

1 Like

Known Bugs And Reporting new ones18

thanks man, going to report the ones that I’ll encounter through their email address :smiley:

This happens to me a lot too on X1X… for the most part I have been able to crouch and it will let me right up the stairs.