New stretch goal(s)

Hákovnice is generally considered to have much higher penetrative force than crossbow.

1 Like

agreement a Hákovnice had much more penetration power then even the strongest crossbows. Plus more range then the bow. Also one reason where you would rather target the horse instead of the rider is ransom. A dead knight may be worth his sword and armor but a live knight could be worth a fortune! Especially if the knight comes from a wealthy family you could get enough gold out of his family for a two or three well-bred horses plus well made armor and weapons.

hussites famous for not taking prisoners. again, no guns. thanks

I’d love to see mod support be a stretch goal. Modders can add a lot of life to a game and I would love to try my hand at creating content.

Can we please not turn this into another firearms debate please? It’s not even 40 replies and it is already in danger of being hijacked.

The game takes place 2 decades before Hussite revolutions, in time when both firearms as well as taking prisoners were common.

what in the name of god are you blabbering about?
The Hussite Wars pg 194. "Other chroniclers state that 50,000 Germans were either killed or made prisoners…The Bohemian losses were very slight, though it is impossible to believe that they amounted to only thirty men, as the contemporary chroniclers write. The only man of importance whose death they record is the Utraquist knight Bradaty."
in case you didn’t know Hussite had two factions one of them is Utraquism and i would like to emphasize the part “Made Prisoners”. So they did take prisoners if you are accounting both factions under Hussite! This happened in 1425 at the battle of Battle of Aussig.

I would only add that during later beautiful rides, the German men would simply leave towns and run away, since the Hussites were known to fight only men and would leave the women and households alone (maybe apart from food stockpiles). No widespread rampage and carnage.

1 Like

OK, lets agree to disagree on firearms.

How about the new stretchgoal going into the direction of new possible character development line? This was the time of many Bohemian preachers that influenced not only the Czech history, but also the later development of protestantism.

Hence, I suggest that the soldier/bard/thief are complemented by a religious preacher. I know that it would be a pain in the ass making it playable and interesting, but if it worked, you could get a totally new gaming experience.

Hmmmm…
Maybe you could combine it with the alchemist/pharmacist/physician… against common modern prejustice, this was not a contradiction.
Could make it a little bit more exciting.

1 Like

yes, I would really like this!

I would like a good follower system. Like you can hire an unlimited number of mercenaries, but they’re so expensive you may just be able to hire 1 or 2. And this is very late game I mean.

1 Like

As I was reading through hundreds of coments about KCD I found that one thing people want is to be able to buy and own a place. Not that I really need this but could not think of anything easier to implement with some potential to introduce new backers.

To @GingerFOX - I think Henry might have his workshop at the least, unless he’s driven from it or something like that as part of the storyline. It’s entirely possible he might have to sleep where he can, be it an inn or a campsite.

Being able to buy and own a place would still have to fit into the story itself for it to make sense, not just there because people want the option.

Henrys fathers forge / house burned down and he is likely homeless. Early design was that henry can camp at designated camping sites which might be obsolete.

Dont see it as hard to make it historically accurate, but honesly hope for better idea for a strech goal…

That’s right - forgot about the fire. So there’s also the probability he won’t even be able to afford his own place early on, if at all. No idea yet how rich he’ll be capable of being.

I think the “home of your own” thing is just something people are used to having in a game.

Please no firearms!

Maybe its allready on the table for warhorse but i would like to have more detailled vilager.
So they dont all walk at the same speed, maybe some are injured, children running/playing around

@GingerFox I gess Henry will go live with the daughter of the mills dude!

Im just gessing but in the same time im pretty sure of that :slight_smile:

Also as new goal i see one. Beside the campaign having a more sandbox playable. So you can play as another character. (Not Henry) This way you may choose to help enemies or do fallow the way of god as a priest… assassinate the bishop and take its place :slight_smile:

So you do your own shit as you see fit… It will need a lot of work to do this but it might be very cool.

Could you elaborate on why a historically accurate game should not have píšťala or hákovnice, period firearms that were becoming widely used at the time and place. Moreover a game from Bohemia, considering that term píšťala was later adopted in English as pistol and term hákovnice was later adopted in French as arquebus (not to mention houfnice -> howitzer)? If any 1403 game should have firearms, then it is the game set in the Czech kingdom.

1 Like

@snedarek.

Its just that i dont want firearms in this game. Nothing against any one…
If Warhorse decide to include fireamrs… i will not complain.
Im just giving my point of view, i dont want it in the game.

But again i will play anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even if Warhorse does include firearms, they’re not going to be commonplace from what I understand. And, of course, it’s not like they’re going to be heavy machine guns.