Next stretch goal idea - hire a writer!

As a writer / designer on Kingdom Come, I am offended! I challenge you to a poetry reading duel, sir!

3 Likes

That would mean you need someone who writes books with medieval lore, can create an intense world and story and knows how to create exiting batlles and more. I thinky many would scream for George R.R. Martin but we haven’t funded KCD enough for him to come abboard :wink:

However I have read The First Law Trilogy & The Shattered Sea Trilogy (Not counting the third book since it’s not released yet) from Joe Abercrombie and he is second best when it comes to “Game Of Thrones” kind of books. If you haven’t read any of his books and really like Game Of Thrones
well then there is no question you will like his work, I think it’s even better. And to be honest I do see Abercrombie joining a game like KCD if they would ask, he’s a normal guy who chats with a lot of his fans, he does not place himself “above us” so to speak just because he sells a lot of books.

game of thrones is more like a high school sex fantasy with political intrigue thrown into the mix. in this case, historic consultant will help immensely more than a fantasy writer.

1 Like

Make it a prose-writing duel and I might accept. :wink:
Anyway, this topic’s lifespan should have ended long ago. I was shown the error of my ways, KCD was succesfully funded and without any additional book author / celebrity besides Dan Vávra. Yay!

I don’t think that having a famous author would really help that much. To be honest, if a game advertises that the storyline was written by a famous author, it pretty much makes me not want to buy the game (see CoD: Ghosts :p).