NPC fell to death from the sky

As I was entering Talmberg, Olena was floating in the sky. She repeated the “vaulting out of a ditch”-animation, getting a bit higher with every iteration. After some time, she just fell out of the sky and died from the impact.
Pictures here: https://imgur.com/gallery/E8QsO

I don’t know if she is important to a quest, but if she is, would there be a way to resurrect her?

2 Likes

I’d burn her corpse, she seems like a witch. Then anchor her corpse and throw her into a deep river just to be safe.

3 Likes

Bad advice. I picked up the corpse to burn her as recommended. So far so good. The guards cought me and suspected me of murdering her. I’m in the dungeons right now.

Haven’t been behind bars myself yet

she’s only important for 2 sidequests Masquerade and Hare Hunt

Okay, thank you :slight_smile:

RIP, at least she’s not important. Carry on.

Known Bugs And Reporting new ones3

She’s relevant to a quest I’m doing now. I have to question her but she’s lying dead in a stream.
This breaks the quest “Hare Hunt”, which I now can’t finish. :frowning:

Hey man idk if your running sli or not but I just used nvidia inspector to get my sli running and then the same exact thing with the same person happened to me while i was doing the quest that involved her :frowning:

1 Like

ah so that’s how she died.

for me I observed her on the map by her home at the top of the hill, 10sec later she was down by the bridge dead, so she must be warped to the bridge location in 2D format from her current location hence she end up in the air, as 3D coordinates weren’t used which would put her at ground level at the bridge.

Warhorse just added NPC to the game and the parachute did not open thats all.

Olena is a part of at least 2 side quests - Masquerade and Hare Hunt. so if you want to do those, then yes, it matters that she dropped from the sky and died. rofl about this bug. i hope warhorse delivers a ton of fixes in its upcoming patch. things like this diminish an otherwise fun game.

Yes I have SLI running - I reloaded an earlier save in the meantime. Haven’t experienced the bug a second time.

Stuck at the quest called Masquerade because of this. Also happened to the game warden’s wife during the quest Hare Hunt.