Optimize the Alpha

Please opitmize the alpha, I cant even run it at the lowest settings. Atleast make it so it doesn’t drop below 20 fps.
Jesus christ this game terrible right now, It’s making me want to puke. I won’t play the game until you fixed it.

1. I have a very good gaming computer, don’t bring that up.
  2. I know it’s an alpha, but that doesn’t mean they can’t optimize it to actually run above 20 fps.

I have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750. It was like what, $160? Anyways, basically it runs games to ultra settings. I have had no problem with any games, and have 8 gigs of ram. I play the alpha, and I am fine just a little lag at the highest settings.
So I know, I have a good pc, and the alpha needs touch up, but if you cannot even play the lowest settings then something is wrong and you do not actually have this so called gaming computer.

I know you think you have a good pc, everyone thinks that sometimes but please can you tell us what your pc has because this could be just you.
If its just you and you wont play at all untill they some how fix a problem that isnt really the alphas fault, then you’ll never be able to play at all.

“why should anyone give a fuck especially when you’re acting like a petulant man-child?”

What is wrong with you?

I have a i7 2700k, Gigabyte HD7970 windforce, 8GB RAM running at 1888 mhz and a 240GB Samsung Evo SSD. I can run run almost any game at the highest setting in 1080p and get stable 60 fps. One indication of how bad the alpha is that my GPU is running between 70-99% load when playing the game.

Also, the RAM usage is way to high. The CPU spikes all the time, from only a few precent load to around 80%. Even when the GPU is at full load the framerate is still low.

Edit 1: If I take another look I bet I can find even more, like some of the CPU cores usages, It wouldn’t suprise me that one core get used almost all the time or atleast way more often than other cores.

It sounds like your computer is the problem, when was the last time you upgraded it to a more newer or latest component?

This is an Tech Alpha it will not be optimized. Optimization will happen after all features are added.

“The Tech Alpha version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance will be a collection of several technical aspects and game mechanisms in a more or less advanced state of development. The playable content will grow in stages (updated versions approximately every two or three months), adding new aspects, settings or game mechanics to the Alpha.
You’ll get the chance to become acquainted with Kingdom Come: Deliverance step by step and can delve into more and more of our world as the amount of the content grow.”

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/game/technology-alpha

4 Likes

YES! Thank you! Finally a good answer!
Too bad that they won’t optimize it. I Guess I will have to play it when the game actually comes out, beacuse I don’t want to play a game that is going to make me puke.

Are you kidding me!?

Mate, I think you need to stop complaining… You’re obviously new here and that’s fine; but the negativity and attitude isn’t.

As @killum rightly pointed out, KCD is essentially a technical demonstration of a collection of pre-alpha game mechanics and mechanisms. It’s not anywhere near being a complete and cohesive full alpha release. So you need to readjust your expectations to be more realistic, and align with the actual stage of development WH is at.

Yes it can be quite resource intensive, depending on the age and type of rig that you’ve got. But already from alpha 0.1 to 0.2 we’ve seen some performance improvements and stabilizations. SO clearly the team is working on those aspects of KCD, along with everything else they’re busy doing.

A little patience will go a long way here. Take a breather… and maybe go buy yourself a new GPU
*either that or drop the settings and res down to something more suitable.

Cheers

3 Likes

All I complained about was the performance and the bad optimization and people get suddenly very angry and defensive. Regarding the attitude, I was not saying anything stupid or offensive, only that low framerate makes me want to puke. If you look beneath my comment you can clearly see that he is overreacting. And the other comments from the other guy made me just frustrated because he was writing about things that he didn’t really understand (no offense to that guy). About the alpha, it’s not only that, there are several more problems and you can see my comment about my rig and that it can run games like battlefield 3 and 4 without any problems so PLEASE stop thinking that it’s my computers fault. I would say that they have only worked on stability problems because I see almost no difference in framerate. Sigh… Buying a new gpu… I’m not going to answer that… Because yeah… Also you all seem to think that I’m angry or something, I’m not if I would be any calmer I would be sleeping, I’m just typing on my phone in my bed about the problems, it’s some of you that are hostile and very defensive, sorry but it’s the truth. Anyway I got my answer so no need to continue writing in this thread. (sorry for any errors, I’m typing on my phone)

The thing is that you believe you have to be able to play every game maxed out. What is the problem to lower some settings? I have two 290x of which I can only use one because AMD does not support Crossfire for this Alpha yet. I also play on about 30 fps on 1440p which is no real fun and partly extremely laggy because the game is so detailed you need about 60 fps to notice it. Not to mention activating VSR
I also missed a few options which I increased via console commands. So it could be even better quality than you can activate via the menu… 15 fps are nearly unplayable but even with a GTX 980 why should I be angry for having a prettier game just because my card can’t handle it? What would you expect to get as reaction by other people? Like “Yeah you’re totally right, it is outrageous that hardware gets improved and games look better and better!”?
The second thing, yes with another attitude you can politely say, that you think the performance could be a little better in the final release because that is true but I think that it’s no secret. And you can’t max BF4 out because it supports extreme downsampling which I can’t even max out with Crossfire plus Mantle. And I also wouldn’t believe that you were able to play Watch Dogs with activated Supersampling in the config file. So it is common that games offer a better experience than you are able to see with current hardware and the mentioned games are out for a long time while KCD is a future release. Earliest in a whole year!

Just to give you an idea of what others such as myself are running here…

Asus X99 Deluxe LGA2011 MB
Intel i7-5930 Haswell-E 3.5GHz
Corsair H60 Hydro CPU Cooler
G.Skill 32GB Kit DDR4 Ripjaws C15 2400MHz
eVGA GeForce GTX970 SSC ACX Cooler 4GB GDDR5
Samsung 28" UHD 4K 1ms Monitor
Running Win 8.1…

And I only get a stable 60 FPS at a maximum res of 1920 x 1080 on Very High. So we know the alpha is resource intensive. Even for a 3 month old rig like mine, KCD chews. But it’s about acknowledging where Warhorse are in terms of the development lifecycle, and providing positive and meaningful feedback to assist them in optimizing future releases.

You should be referring to the Alpha Performance Thread here Alpha Performance Thread

If you actually have anything meaningful and constructive to add in terms of the Alpha performance, then visit and contribute accordingly… rather than simply coming out with immature and inappropriate dribble like this

2 Likes

You’re not really helping any of us out here. And not really being nice on here either. I asked you a simple question but you get all mad because Im guessing Im offending your computer? Its either the alpha or your computer but you’re ignoring giving us facts about the other option (your computer) by saying nothing is wrong with it, that may be your side of the thought.

I know what im talking about, you are just ignoring the other optional issues that may be causing your difficulties and blaming the game. But, the alpha is to test the technical side and mechanics so usually thats expected to be the bigger reason to create these issues for you.

Yeah we get that already, I dont think any of the devs nor us want to hear that…again.
Please be a little more mature when it comes to your own thread. Now, you bought a alpha game, expect it to be alpha and just be patient and maybe the game will turn out for you :slight_smile:

Just woke up, I’m not going to reply to everybody so I’m just going to write here. I skimmed through your texts and I’m going to answer them quickly. 1. I’m not mad I told you that before I just woke up and I’m as calm as I was yesterday. 2. I got my answer from killum so no need to write about its an alpha and stuff all I ever cared about was the performance 3. Yes I know I can’t play games with supersampling, I don’t think anyone can in modern games without a significant framerate drop. That’s why I didn’t mention it. 4. Yes it the games fault, not my gpus fault or my computers fault, it’s obviously the game please stop. 5. Let’s change I want to puke to I feel nauseated when playing the game. Are you guys happy? 6. I got my answer so this will probably be my last post because it feels like I’m answering the same question over and over again. Typing in my phone so there will probably be errors.

Unfortunately there are still some PC specs where the alpha has problems, sorry about that. Please send us your DX diag to info at warhorsestudios dot cz, so we can look at whats actually happening there. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello MicroTorrent,

I have similar configuration like you:
CPU Intel i7 2700K at 4.5 GHz
AMD HD6970
4 GB of RAM
250 GB SSD

and so far I don’t have any problems. I can’t play on the highest settings but it is OK, to play on medium settings for me. It is currently Technical Alpha, so the optimization will come later. This CryEngine has high requirements to HW. Also check your temperatures! Most of the games I can play under 60 degress but CryEngine games are around 70+ degrees.

Also next time be more kind about your posts. :smile:

Thank you I will do that later!

Yes I know that. That does not really make sense it all depends on how demanding it is and how well optimized and so on, it doesn’t matter what game engine they’re using. I am kind, people just are very defensive, although I admit that I could’ve used different words in the second sentence on my first post. But I got my answer a time ago so everything is fine.