Our MOCAP “studio” just arrived

…or at least the main parts of it as it doesn’t really look like a studio :slight_smile: … BUT it’s ready to roll. We just unpacked everything and already began to lightly play with it… @Hellboy you’ll never get old. Check our pictures.

Now, we still have to wait untill the construction workers complete our actual MOCAP-studio (a special room in our office).

We are planning movement animations, face animations, fighting animations and many more. What are you most excited about? Which good examples do you know? What impressed you (in which game) most?

11 Likes

This is going to be gooooooooooood.

It seems a reasonable place to start at is looking at how Naughty Dog did things with The Last Of Us. They had their actors in mocap suits doing their lines and, in some cases, improvising on the spot. Maybe the focus is a little different for KCD and voice actors will be separate from mocap things, but I think it helped the authenticity of their audio in many cases compared to a lot of games where the feel of the vocals is a bit off. Know what I mean?

Witcher 3 impressive skill…

Wandering how you get a dog to behave long enough to get a decent MOCAP session

Wonderful. Have fun with your MoCaParty, where recorded dance never stops! If someone drinks to much at the party, he can be the guy to create the drunken animation in the game. :wink:

Well… I really liked the mocap in this game:

25 Likes

Yes! Hahahah brilliant!!!

Great news. Congratz!!!

Drugs, thugs, androids.
Yeah, that’s pretty accurate depiction of Warhorse. :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Still no dragons, either.

Now you’ve got another reason why I’m going to visit you. I don’t know if this equipment can capture my motions.

I liked the facial animations in L.A. Noire. They had some really nice details during interrogations. I’m really looking forward to how you’re recording the fighting animations.