Pc freeze on Alpha/Sound loop crash

8gb RAM/4gb GTX660/Win8.1/Most recent video drivers

Shortly after starting gameplay on high settings (very high crashes almost immediately) , the soundtrack begins to loop, and a pc freeze follows shortly after. I then have to hard reset my pc manually. I usually get about two minutes of play in before this happens. Anyone else having the same issue?

Edit: I just ran the game on medium settings to the same end.

Could you post a bit more about your specs?

Anything in specific?

Do you have a CPU? :wink:

I have the exact same problem. To me it seems that there is some hidden memory leak somewhere in the game.

If I set my graphic details to “very high”, my machine crashes every few minutes. On high, it worked fine yesterday (I exited the game normally after about 50 minutes), but today it crashed after about 15 minutes of playing.

The game run smooth in the “high” as well as the “very high” setting, by the way.

If you need any additional info or log files, just tell me where I can find them, please.

My specs:
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3,0 GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (Driver Version 9.18.13.4448 [2014-10-16])
Windows 8.1 64 Bits

I tried to attach my DxDiag report, but that impossible due to the file type limitations of the upload feature. Pasting the content as part of the post is also impossible, because it’s also over the text size limit.

How’s the memory usage? You both have 8GB, so that could be one hint.
Otherwise, I can’t remember where someone posted it (search could help but I don’t have the time to search it right now sry) but you can set the graphics before starting the game since it seems to crash for some people when setting it ingame.

Well, I had the same thing in mind, so I restarted my PC and ran the game without any serious software running in the background. The game had at last 6 GB for it’s own. I also haven’t noticed any paging to the hard drive before the crash occurred. The hard drive LED was also off after the game froze.

After moving the game from my HDD to my SSD and increasing the memory clock from 1066 to 1600 MHz (it was on auto detect and for some strange reason the auto detected value was crap), I can’t reproduce the crashes anymore. The game even runs smooth on the “very high” setting (even though I can see some micro freezes when turning around).