Playstation 4 gameplay?

The gameplay will be exactly the same on every platform (if you play with a controller on PC, and even with M/K the basic gampelay is the same). So what do you mean? Every footage so far showed gameplay for every platform the game will be released on.

If you mean technical or graphical stuff (and not directly gameplay) then I think you’ll have to wait another several months until that. There likely won’t be a console version running on an actual console in public before at least beta phase. Right now the game is way too unoptimized to run on a PS4 properly. So they concentrate on PC as technical lead platform right now and optimize it for consoles later during developement.

1 Like

based on the other pc to console ports i’ve seen, it’ll have lower framerates, lower resolution, decreased texture sizes where appropriate, possibly lack some newer dx11 and cryengine features which typical require the newer videocards and/or apis and software updates.

video comparison

top is pc, bottom ps4. seems like ps4 bugged out or something. possibly too many particles so it ends particle renderer

That’s actually not that easy. The thing is that there is usually not ONE PC version but an adjustable graphical experience for a wide array of different PC systems.

Reality is that most PC gamers don’t have an ultra high-end PC but a mid-level PC which - at the moment - can only render slightly better than next-gen consoles at the maximum (don’t forget optimization limitations and Windows overhead).

My current PC for example has a comparable GPU to the PS4 and I can run the tech alpha at very high settings and 1080p with pretty stable 30-40 FPS. That indicates that the current amount of detail should be possible on PS4 as well. Maybe Warhorse will increase the graphical fidelity for high-end PCs, maybe not (I guess so but they also have a limited budget). But however, console players can look forward to similar graphical fidelity than currently shown in youtube vids of the tech alpha.

So yes, of course there is a higher graphical fidelity POSSIBLE on PC if somebody makes the respective better graphics for it and if people actually have a system that can render these better graphics. :wink:

1 Like

You should be able to use a controller, like a Dualshock (PS3) on the Alpha with programs like “MotionInjoy”.

However I would advice against it if you don’t know anything about it, like I myself experienced. Downloaded the whole shabang and installed drivers and suddenly I couldn’t use my mouse anymore, the whole system was screwed up. Removing the program didn’t help, had to remove more in detail in certain sections on my laptop to get it all working again. In short, it’s not worth the trouble, just use the mouse and your keyboard trust me.

The devs said it would like better on pc in the live stream a while back.

1 Like