Playstation 4 gameplay?

Hi,

When will you show some Playstation 4 gameplay?

/Norseman

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect it any time soon… PC first… Alpha is not even an option for consoles.

I don’t know where Warhorse is on PS4 vs. PC, but I assume well behind. It makes since to develop for PC then port it out to PS4 and XBone. PC will be the high end, then you can tweak and downtune for the consoles… easier than doing it in reverse.

1 Like

After somebody buy PS4 version. Even you didn’t buy it yet :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well I suppose there is no need for something like PS4 gameplay. You can use PS controller even with PC and the game should be otherwise the same. I guess you can expect visuals on the level of medium/high settings of the alpha. That said I suppose the final game would be actually more demanding than the alpha but I may be mistaken of course.

It’s too early to show gameplay on other platforms. Wait until beta. And dont listen fanboys about ports, graphics and etc :wink:

I do think there will be graphic differences.

Sony (and Microsoft) are guilty of some bald face LIES regarding PS4 and XBone performance vs. PC.

Let me quote Sony here when they called the PS4 a ‘supercharged PC’… uh… no it isn’t. It’s a midrange PC with a dedicated gaming OS. It’s a pretty big gap… and this is EARLY in the consoles life cycle… how big will that gap be in 5 years?

Maybe ‘port’ is the wrong word, but I would be stunned if the PS4 or XBone looks as good as the PC. So since the PC has the extra horsepower and extra capabilities, develop for that, then throttle some settings back for the consoles. Perfectly logical.

2 Likes

No this shit again. You dont undestand how consoles works, so dont compare it to PC directly. Consoles use hardvare resouces much more efficient than PC. Of course it will be some difference, but i think not so serious to pay attention to them. Any way all gamers on all platforms just want enjoy game, not count number of pixels and frames :wink: Only fanboys arguing on the internet instead of play games :blush:

3 Likes

Hey if you want to believe your console has the same capabilities… knock yourself out.

Everything I have researched has said otherwise. Developers are even griping about overstated performance on from BOTH Sony and MS. I really do feel they misrepresented performance vs PCs. They just aren’t as beefy as they claimed.

I actually do understand how consoles work… You will note I did say that it’s a custom OS for gaming… that’s your ‘more efficient hardware use’, and yes, that buys you something… but enough to close the hardware performance gap? I don’t think so.

And my only point was to explain why they are developing for PC with console versions to come later. The initial poster asked when they’d see PS4 gameplay… I’m betting later than sooner, and this is part of my reasoning on that.

Not trying to bash the PS4, hell, I WANT one… but I won’t be playing THIS game on it. One that is trying so hard to push the boundaries on graphics… because I KNOW I am going have a better experience on PC.

Sorry if this came off overly harsh… not at all my intent… but I am hearing a lot of blowback on the overstated performance of consoles vs. PCs.

That’s all, just explaining why I think PS4 and XBone will follow PC in development. It makes no sense to develop in parallel, so build for the most robust build first, then adjust to the consoles to get them working there. Pretty simple really.

You were actually the insulting one with the ‘don’t listen to fanboys’ comment.

Dare I call you a Console fanboy? you seem pretty partisan in this… and condescending.

1 Like

Oh lol, no, you dont understand. Consoles dont have OS at all. Ok, they have some software layer, but i prefer call it firmware, case it isnt really significant thing. What has significance that standart API and standart architecture, which was created for the games. Standart API mean much more optimization. About architecture, for example consoles have general memory pool, and on PS4 it’s GDDR5, which fastest memory today, much faster than PCs DDR3. Also CPU and GPU placed on a single chip which accelerates the exchange of information between them. PC it’s broad concept, if you have hi-end PC I congratulate you, but look at steam statistics most of gamers have not so powerful PC. What i want say, of corse PC can be very powerful. But PC with same specs with current-gen consoles has less power than them, also PC for console price will be less powerful than console. You can buy expensive hi-end PC and have the best graphics what this game can give. But remember, that many people play on middle PC’s and game not optimized for only for powerful hi-end PC’s but also for low power, therefore difference between PC and consoles wont so big as you expected.

I have all platforms i need, include some consoles and powerful enough PC. And i play on all. But i dont like when people try look better only because they use something different from others. Guy just ask about PS4 gameplay and you start talking about PC vs PS4, for what?

your own advice says we cannot listen to fanboys, so i have to dismiss what you say.

1 Like

But then you cant listen yourserlf too :wink:

I am probably going to avoid you after this post… doubt anything positive will come of it.

Friend, EVERYTHING has an OS, your phone, your freaking PRINTER has an OS… if you want to call it ‘firmware’… OK, it’s an OS on a chip instead of a harddrive. What do you think it is you are clicking on and interacting with when you use this thing? It’s an OPERATING SYSTEM by which you, well, operate the system. There is always software that establishes basic parameters and operating conditions… some OS’s are ‘embedded’, that’s your firmware, but that doesn’t make them any less an OS. Basically what you said was ‘That thing that says Windows on it isn’t an OS, it’s a DVD’. You arrogantly presumed to correct me by confusing the thing with the format it was in. And yes, the PS4 OS, embedded in firmware, is custom tailored to games, which is HUGE. I wish MS would wake up and create a ‘game mode’ for Windows that mimics the XBone gaming OS. Winblows is full of bloat and sloppy code. It’s the Microsoft way after all. There are advantages to GPU and CPU being on die… no doubt. But it’s a mid range CPU and GPU sharing that advantage… which weakens and at least partially negates that advantage.

It does punch above it’s weight for the raw spec, no doubt… but the raw spec is still ‘mid range’.

And I think statements like ‘supercharged PC’ are straight out fraudulent in my opinion… but hey, until the courts rule on it, that’s just my worthless opinion on it.

I’ve made my case, you’ve made yours… This wasn’t a very pleasant exchange, and I probably will just ignore you going forward. No offense, but clearly we are not going to get along. No hard feelings, but bailing out on this conversation before there are. Good luck to you, and, with no sarcasm, seriously, enjoy your PS4, it’s a cool machine, I really do plan to get one… but I do not think it will rival a gaming PC… ever.

And back to the original topic… there is a reason the alpha and initial development is PC… PS4 will come later. I was just trying to shed light on why I thought that was… I wasn’t trying to start a PC/Console flame war.

Best of luck to you Al… farewell.

5 Likes

Oh, what have I done. An innocent remark caused another PC/PS4 storm. Oh god the gracious, i repent, i repent! :pray:

I sincerely apologize for my part in that btw…

This game will probably run at 1080p and a silky smooth 10 fps. Oh and it will look like ass compared to the pc version probably.

1 Like

capone incoming… :wink:

2 Likes

:wink: (20 characters)…

They probably wont show ps4 game play until the game is a few months from realise.

lel because that picture hasn’t been used before. Try using something original if your going to attempt to argue something that you are 100% wrong about.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)