Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

My opinion: If you want to play most realistic game, like the developers presents in the beggining, then not to aply 3rd person. It might bring more possible bug issues and errors into the game. And I think, that the release date will be even more later, as WH studios expected…

I shall not go on and write the same things that a lot of people have already said, But I do think it should stay a 1st Person game as it adds to the realism and the experience of the game, also making it more of a skill full game and nothing like every other game out there.

I am very against 3ed person game’s!

I am one of the poor people mentioned in the OP that will not be able to buy or play this game without a 3rd person view. Only just heard that it was being considered for the next stretch goal, and am saddened by some of the replies here, seemingly not recognising it as the most sensible and rewarding of potential goals both in terms of least amount of work/delay and benefit to the game at large.

The poll results imho should be enough right now to make it happen, im the 300th to vote dream come true which beats the no ways and with over 400 saying they are fine with it, WARHORSE see it as the best option, you can tell by how they have presented it and defended it. The least demanding and easily most rewarding, it will make the game sell better.

I am waiting to pledge at the Earl level for this great looking game that I desperately want to play, if they make 3rd person view the next stretch goal it will get to 2.5 mill quicker than any other goal would FACT (without proof but we all know its still a fact). PLEASE WARHORSE do the right thing!

1 Like

I think it should stay in 1st person view… and you should concentrate on making other things available that would add depth to the game.

I’m not sure whether the game already has this feature or not, but it needs to have new game plus so if that’s not already implemented then prioritize it as the next stretch goal!

1 Like

I would gladly support an optional 3rd person view goal! With all the character customization that is being implemented, 3rd person will really let you admire the character you created, along with the fighting mechanics and animations in the game. I dont understand what the problem people are having with 3rd person option, if you dont want to use it then dont, will knowing its available ruin the game for you?

1 Like

why is playing as a female trash? I play as a female in all games…mass effect, dragon age ETC I would be very disappointing if you couldn’t have a female character…sure females weren’t the favorite in the middle ages but common? there were people like Elizabeth…don’t be an asshole and say it’s a stupid idea and you will stop backing if they do this ETC ETC if you don’t like the idea that’s fine but let other people have a say to. The sides you done have to play as a female if you don’t want to! you don’t have to play third person if you don’t want to! (I’m not going to, but since people want it let them have it.) I am so sick of people bitching about everything…did you know people complained about a website for complaining?

Because it was incredibly rare for them to fight back then and do the things you are going to be doing in the game. Bitching is what got the playable female character into the game in the first place.

Well these games are realistic unlike mass effect and dragon age. You will not be able to play as a black gay female in this because this game takes place in the 1400s deal with it.

2 Likes

you really think…I think those games are realistic?..-_- nevermind ill ignore that part. it dosi’nt change the fact that I really think you guys are being inconsiderate. Next thing you guys will be saying is “oh man modding?! now someone is going to make a star wars mod and ruin the whole thing!!! :frowning:” really…I am not against you or anyone here but you should really keep an open mind. I want to play as a female what is wrong with that? like really? is it going to effect your game play if you play as a male? NO is it going to effect you if they make 2 combat systems and chose the one you want but not the other? NO no matter how you look at this you will not be affected by this at all yet you will be angry about something that other people want that wont really effect you. Sure If they added dragons and spirits you have the right to argue because it will change your game (everyone’s game) but there only adding options…you guys are being inconsiderate no matter how you look at this.

Wrong i love mods

The different female path took away time and money and it pissed people off because they backed a realistic medieval game not a bioware game about equality. They already had third person in the game and they said it wont take away from development time so i was fine with it. They had to make a completely different story for the female which is time and money that could be spent developing the game that was promised. That being said i trust the devs to implement the female character realistically.
P.S im fine with third person.

O I understand now…but why didn’t they stick with the standard story? instead of being a blacksmiths son why not daughter? then they would not have wasted any time?

Because that would require even more of a story. A blacksmiths daughter wouldn’t have been able to fight on the front lines with all the other troops. They would have to create a completely different perspective and have a completely new motion cap actor. Unless Women were nobles they really didn’t do much other then housework and raising children.
Also the female side story will not be as long as the main story i think. Also again this is a realistic game you are doing things women did not normally do.

Personally i would rather not have 3rd person for standard gameplay.

Maybe something like a camera view that allows you to take photos etc, so that we could do images say after a battle to show the battlescape etc.

Though i don’t know how this would work however.

2 Likes

They would also have to change lots of dialogue to show the fact there being responded to differently.

A female soldier isn’t going to get talked to the same way as a male.

Now maybe a female masquerading as a male would be possible but there are huge chances that you’d be discovered etc.

why not include a third person option, but keep the quest design for first person that way if you’ll keep the first person theme but whoever decides to go third person can but it wont affect the game experience of the other fans.

738 say yes
222 say no
this is perceived as being 50/50
LITERALLY WTF

2 Likes

He never said it was 50% he said he didn’t want to piss off 20% of the backers. Not to mention most of the higher tier backers seem to be against it.

1 Like

because they are stupid, thy dont understand that they dont have to use it. it is options which bring more players to game.

Although i may agree with you, you’re doing lot of complaining for someone who didn’t purchase the game.

2 Likes

I dont know if wants it or not… I allways use it sometimes when its in games, like Skyrim(all frome just check youre new armor to some missions etc). But it stands first person game so in that way it should be other things to make extra for the game. But also if its included its optional so people can use what they want, and maybe even bring more player in to the game. So that is a good thing ofc…So yeah, im pretty unsure, since feel its good and wrong att the same time…