Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

I am against 3rd person. It was not part of the initial Kickstarter project and it was made clear this game will be a first person medival RPG.

If everytime enough people cry havok to get their will eventually change the mind of the developers for the sake of money, what will be next? Point & Click combat that further reduces the authenticity of the game in favour for more income? Fast travel?

Just because a feature is nice to have, it should never act against a promise of the initial vision of a game. Even if it is already implemented in a crude form, stick to your plan and do not let the whiners change your goal.

I am sick of those demanding posts, because they never read/understood the initial idea behind Kingdom Come. There is no 3rd person in real life, no amount of selfies will change that.

If there will be 3rd person, will people be eligible to get a refund? Because this is the question that always looms in the background. If you change a key element of the game you promised on kickstarter, are you willing to refund those that no longer support the changes?

If you pre-order a car which is said to have 500 HP and later the manufacturer changes the engine to an electric motor because of popular demand by tree huggers, will you not cancel the order?

I support this game because of the authenticity, there is NO 3rd person in the real world and I don’t want a dress-up game for narcists that like to watch their alter ego all the time. There are enough games out there that support striking poses and taking pictures, modding character, clothes and what not. If Kingdom Come will be one of them, I’ll pass.

2 Likes

Are you aware that no one’s gonna force you to play it in 3rd person right? Why do you care that other people could possibly play it in 3rd person when you can play it in first person all the time?

3 Likes

Because third person will downgrade our 1st person experience

1 Like

I hope the devs decide to implement your idea. Switching to 3rd person is just so immersion breaking!

No one forced you to play a game that is strictly advertised as first person.

If the devs add 3rd person because of popular demand, every decision is up for discussion since they can not say “this is not part of our vision” anymore. So basically the developers hand out their game to the crowd and the loudest side will have their way.

At some point people will complain that combat is too difficult, they want an easy mode, some do not like to play a male, some want more hair styles, clothes, weapons, armour, more inventory space, airplanes, free wi fi around the castle and pets.

What will the game look like if everything is optional, everyone pleased? It will never be finished, not everyone can be satisfied. So why listen to the 3rd person crowd when there are more important things? Sure, it might not be much of a hazzle to implement the 3rd person view in a good fashion, fast travel would also just be a click away…

Reach out with a little finger and the crowd will swallow you whole.

And you really had to insult me to tell me you don’t want what Kingdom Come promised? Realistic 1st person combat? The whole point is NOT to see your body in full just like in real life. But I guess you just want another game in easy mode.

You cant understand that YOU CAN PLAY first person?
This would be just option for players who like 3rd person.
With this feature everyone can be happy and choose his playstyle.

I understand that everyone has their preferences.

If the developers add 3rd person because of popular demand, what would stop the community to change the whole idea by “popular demand” and the game later released is far from what the original idea people paid (lots) of money for was?

So many kickstarter campaings advertise something that is never released, not what was advertised in the first place or does not tickle everyones fancy. I am for the latter, not everyone has to play Kingdom Come, if you want 3rd person, play Skyrim with mods.

To be honest you seem like the type of people, that are main reason I don’t want the 3rd person option.
Those people would complain that the third person is not good enough, that they can’t use it in the interiors, that there are other problems… And I know that without delaying the game or diverting some effort from polishing the first person experience it won’t ever be good enough and I would prefer neither happened.
The game was advertised as first person experience and not adding the third person option shuts down preemptively complains from people that won’t ever be satisfied with the quality of “developer third person”. I am not against adding the third person option some time after the release after it was polished some more, but I see as unrealistic that it would be feasible to publish both POV’s at adequate quality.

Also complaining that you won’t be getting possible bonus seems bit childish.

I am leaving this conversation because I wont be more angry, explaining to stupid people is useless.

With third person they would get bigger player base because half of players dont play first person.
And dont tell me what to play, if you want shit fantasy game you can play skyrim.
Third person is only one good idea which dont need too mutch + work because they already testing everything on third person.

Yeah, it has been written in holy book of Kickstarter “Thou shall not have 3rd person view”. The game still will be 1st person view.
I mean c´mon - it is poor excuse. Even dialogs are now in 3rd person view. And future streatch goals obviously cannot be mentioned in Kicstarter.

Yeah, exactly… they will make it space simulator if we cry enough facepalm. Do you really enjoy this pathethic rethoric of manic street preacher?

1st person view would still be main…

Yeah yeah… you kinda reminds me those teenage girls in 90´who claimed they are the only who really understand Kurt Cobain and his feelings.

What an increadible ******* moron would want that? Does anybody want refund becouse of the in-game codex (last goal), becouse , you know, it wasnt mentioned in Kickstarter… It is optional and it does not even fully subtitue main view this is childish.

What the hell do you speak about? It would be an option. So it is more like if they asked you nicely that they have new model with electric motor and you may change your pre-order if you want to… but I see why you want to be misleading.

Thats hypocratic. Calling 3rd person view nothing but narcis. Sorry, but you should try to think aggain.

2 Likes

In regards to the original question: Implement it and don’t use it if you don’t like it. It’s not like it’s a multiplayer game where one has an advantage or anything.

2 Likes

Some of you guys are talking about what they want, but we need to think about what is best for the game.
I myself would’nt play on 3rd view, but if adding 3rd view means getting more people to buy and play this game that mean it’s a good thing, just like what @Hellboy said

it’s not about me and you it’s about the game too this is still a 1st person view, but for other people it’s better to play 3rd person view.

marketing wise it’s best if they add 3rd view.

sorry if my English is bad

5 Likes

It would be nice to have it, I probably won’t use it for anything other than admiring my armor, but some people genuinely prefer 3rd person because they like to see their character in motion.

as long as there is modding, it’s going to happen anyway. it just won’t take as fast or as high quality. but i see lots people asking for vanity cam, so that should be fairly easy.

3 Likes

your point is invalidated. Skyrim had god awful first person. animation was terrible finding the range of your weapon based on swing is impossible. But look at the third person view all shiny well animated bullshit.

the above is a example of what i don’t want i dont want a fancily animated third person. I want a beautifully animated first person.

I don’t mind if they add 3rd person, but it shouldn’t be from a stretch goal. Stretch goals should preferably be something we all want. I would love a few things
-A good follower/companion system
-Voice commands (kinect or mic)
-Improved Oculus Rift suppport

Or maybe not even an in-game thing. Maybe just make a stretch goal cinematic or something.

Third person is different than adding space ships fast travel and easier combat. Combat will actually probably be harder in third because it was designed around first. This is just changing the way some people view the game you are not being forced to play in third. I for one will stick with first person but i wont deny other people third person because there is no good reason behind it.

Please explain how?? The devs already said it wont take extra time or money because they already use it to test things. You are not being forced to use it so how is it ruining your experience???
Lastly they already said they weren’t going to add it so why are people still freaking out over it like its going to be implemented in the game?

3 Likes

I know many people hate playing in third person, however as you mentioned in the update video you already have third person view internally. If it isn’t an extreme amount of time and work I would love the option.

1 Like

The amount of hate and rage against a proposed optional feature in this thread is mind-blowing.

1 Like