Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

What the hell it has to do with maturity?

1 Why you sort people on like this? Kingdom Come will be released on consoles as well you know…
2 I really doupt you make any research on this “most of us” and I really hate when someone talk in my name.

3 Likes

i think by maturity, he means people who understand this won’t have any effect on the 1st person view, which is still happening and is the main view for this game.

oh wait…

1 Like

It´s simple - 3rd person view would take resources for which none of the initial backers had backed - cause to be honest we backed for a 1st person, medieval experience. There was no word of 3rd person and if someone asked it always was denied that such a viewpoint would make it into the game.

Besides that I just can´t believe that implementing a 3rd person camera is done by just implementing it.
There would also be need of adjustments for the fighting / moving / animation / whatever system … why can´t you see that?

The time which would be needed to implement a successful 3rd person view could be used to add some other cool stuff.

I also think the poll should be backer exclusive!

2 Likes

@Jlyga_u_onacHa
Bringing up matters of game contents as arguments in a debate about matters of game mechanics seems a bit like bringing a baseball bat to a tennis match. Of course, you can start going around beating people with it, or you can actually even try playing the game with it, but I guess it’s not gonna work out too well either way…

2 Likes

There was no word about in-game codex and it will take some resources as well… kinda ad absurdum but you may see my point. This shouldnt take anything out - certanly nothing that has been promised on Kickstarter. I dont see any problem here.

See what? They said there will be some work (as all goals BTW) but also that its already preset as they use 3rd person camera for horse riding and combat to check animations (animations should be exactly the same as I understand).

Could. Thats why there is the voting pool. But I think there are not many things that would be less time (and resources) consuming.

@Wenceslaus
you missed the point my friend…
I said ‘most of us’, not ‘all of us’. Maybe it is better to check carefully what others meant before making any accusations.
Nonetheless, thanks for your opinion.

No, I did not miss that…

Maybe it is indeed better to check… :- )

So I repeat — I doupt you can speak even for “most of us” but merely for yourself.

Well maybe I communicate with a lot of other gamers who backed Deliverance as early as Kickstarter and I know their opinion on the matter? Sorry if you feel insulted by my post, I respect your opinion too.

‘Most of us’ means literally most of us. If you share a different view, well, then you don’t belong in the ‘most’ part. Simple as that.

3rd person ? really ? I read on home : A first-person, open world, realistic RPG that will take you to the Medieval Europe in a time of upheaval and strife. Third person : NO NO NO

1 Like

Yeah, I expect that but there were 35,384 backers at Kicstarter so “a lot” must have beeen something like thousands…
So I dont really feel there is actually any “most” at all.

Not even the poll Dan conducted here really backs you up. Some don’t care and just want the option to decide, some don’t mind but won’t use TPV, but more voted a flat “yes” than a “no.” Small sample size? Maybe, but probably enough with nearly 650 total votes to be a good representation overall.

2 Likes

And how about - if the idea is to keep everything 1stP-centric anyway and only eventually develop a limited 3rdP on top of it (and supposed that it probably really wouldn’t take that much work, as Dan has mentioned) - finishing and offering this feature only post-release as an optional free add-on / DLC / whatever you would call it.
That way the base game would be purely 1stP and would be delivered without any additional delays (however ridiculous they may turn out to be).
The haters would be able to play their game already and won’t have much more to complain about (at least concerning them delays, hopefully) and those from the rest of us that might like to at least try out an optional 3drP feature tailored for Dan’s vision of the game would have to wait their due for it.

If the @Warhorse guys are already checking the whole development of the game with the use of the stock Cryengine 3rdP (Doesn’t this also sound to you like the most ridiculous thing in this whole hooorrrrible death-to-3rdP issue?), I guess it should be possible for them to just keep going and finish the game that way, using the stock 3rdP as a rough approximation for the eventual in-game variant and just leave themselves a couple of “backdoors” where necessary for the later peculiarities of further trimming after the base game is complete…

dan made it clear it will not be at the expense of the 1st person view.

so why keep dragging arguments out specifically contradicting what dan is saying?

they could add isometric view or top down for all i care, as long as it’s optional and doesn’t delay the game.

1 Like

I dont think third party camera is a good idea. Weather changes? if they arent already in… Or insects like bees and wasps flying around, ants… The landscape is so realistic and authentic, it looks like in Czech Republic, but ive seen no insects

1 Like

Well there are bees and fireflies :- ) Weather changes, I think, are already planned. Anyway, that would much more difficult goal.

I would be very happy to walk around (outside) and ride my horse in third person view, but don’t change your unique combat system for this. You can’t transfer this hitting different body zones in third person combat, because the enemy would be too small and partially covered by the main character.
Just do it the same way as when going inside: Switch the camera to first person when drawing the sword or the bow.
I think that would be the best compromise.

1 Like

it’s almost like you didn’t read a word vavra wrote

Sorry, I didn’t read all 455 replys, I read his posts afterwards. Anyway, I can’t really imagine how the combat system shown in the video updates would be transferable to third person view. Thats why I suggested switching to first person view for melee. I’ve read that he already confirmed this for shooting, thats good.

Yeah do it. The more options the better I will personally use both

1 Like

You may then check a video update about combat where they showed the combat in 3rd person view.

If they make 3rd person camera, then I really hope it will include combat.

I will try both, and after Oculus release i guess I will be mainly using 1st person view but I would love to have that option.