Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

It’s not really about anything too “cinematic”, so calling it that way could only stir some more argument about what and why… but it’s a good point anyway.

What this option would need is a proper full explanation of the purpose, extent and function of the particular variant of the third person mode that they decied to include. What it brings and what it means (and most importantly what it doesn’t mean!) for the game as a whole.
Why it’s only intended as secondary, limited and optional.

And to keep repeating and stressing it again and again on every suitable occasion for all of those who forgot to listen the last time you mentioned it.
One can never do that enough…

1 Like

In car games you spend half the time sliding. TPV gives you advantage of knowing the exact position of the rear of your car, so that you can get through the curve faster.

I’m not going to sit here and act like adding third person mode is very simple, but it would be nice to have character customization. In Skyrim, the only reason I go to 3rd person mode is to look at my character. I’m also new backer and haven’t read everything you guys have done so far, so you guys might have already implemented it. Also, if these stretch goals are not going to completely change how the game works, I’m not going to get upset if it comes in an update after release.

There’s no need to squeeze in a feature if you really don’t have that much room in your schedule for it. I play games for the storytelling, game-play (combat/crafting/traveling in this case), and environments.

You guys seem like awesome people! keep up the good work.

P.S. I was shocked at how cheap the backing prices were. That alone shows where your priorities are. Happy to see that there are still game developers like you guys!!

1 Like

I think the 3rd person is important, simply because the warriors are vain.

This has always happened, both in the classical era with greek roman warriors, who in medieval times with parade armor.
I am reminded of the armor of Luigi Farnese http://www.olsi.it/cronache/armat1.jpg http://www.masp-gmns.it/files/forse-Lucio-Piccinino-.jpg http://www.masp-gmns.it/files/forse-Lucio-Piccinino-2.jpg and other important leaders.

Consequently, the player who plays a knight its a vain.
It 'nice to admire our equipment to battle.

In this regard, it makes me a question.

can you customize your helmet, armor, shield and weapon?

can you customize your own banner, heraldry of our noble title?

I like it. I want to use third person camera so that I can see myself at times when I ride out.

1 Like

I believe thats what @LordCrash mentioned — at least something I understand.

Anyway, as you wrote, it shouldn´t be presented as a proper 3rd person view and perhaps shouldn´t be called that.
That should solve this problem.

yes, clothing and armor have 16 slots for high level of customization.

second question is no, you are not a noble or even a knight, why would you have your own banner or heraldry for that matter?

Continuing the discussion from Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?:

I knew it.
But for customization, mean the ability to choose, colors and decorations for the armor, weapon (engravings etc.) and shield.

second question is no, you are not a noble or even a knight, why would you have your own banner or heraldry for that matter?

Ops, I thought, you could go up the hierarchy and become a lord.

At first I was like “NO WAY, MAN!” Then I chilled out and remembered Kingdom Come Deliverance will be a single player game. People wanting to look at their Medieval persona in action makes sense, even If I prefer the immersion of first person. Though, If the game were to ever find its way to a competitive multi-player iteration, then I would stand by my gut reaction; to excoriate and decry this idea with gusto.

I really support the 3rd person idea! I don’t think it should just be limited to first person view. If players prefer first person; they can stick to first person, it doesn’t mean that third person should be left out of the picture, especially when it comes to appearance and customization where you would want to see the full view of your character in action.

Third person sounds great! Do IT!!!

I think,spechaly on the Horse riding combat wuld be a Third Person view verry Useful

I fear that when third person becomes available, all the YouTube game-play videos will be played on third person, and the first person feature would be forgotten or less known/used.

1 Like

I wouldnt fear this as 3rd person view wont be avaliable in interiors, minigames and archery.

What about chemistry? Crafting explosives maybe a something, that happen around that time frame?

Alchemy is in the game, chemistry is the reformed ascended scientific practices rooted in alchemy.

explosives while being available would not have been common enough to implement into this game (except for maybe something involving a siege quest). I do have a very limited understanding of Czech technology during that time so anyone feel free to correct me.

if you do play with an option to view first to third I definitely will support your work, I want to enjoy all the armor in the third person

1 Like

when do you want to announce the next stretch goal?

1 Like

probably close to when it’s reached to avoid the cry

Hi! I would like to shift the focus away from third person view subject. It’s not realistic nor worth a stretch goal. If it’s implemented, fine, but I would not use it. Therefore I suggest that you make a stretch goal that will be considered a real “carrot” Here is my suggestions regarding things I would like to see in the game:
Combat system; Weapons will decay over time and have different damage types (Blunt-Crush,blade-dismember/blood). Also, sharping, improving and fixing weapons and armor (breakdowns). In other words, different weapons does make a difference. In my opinion it would be easier for people to pledge money if you guys make a really worthwhile goal. My dream is that you implement the ability to dismember body parts, not always but sometimes.

1 Like