Pumping Iron, hair growth, wounds and scars

Alright, this will be my first thread and I`m not a native English speaker so I apologize if anything. I have not engaged in many conversation yet on the forum, despite being one of the early backers, but I was wondering, has there been any mention about whether or not your character can gain permanent wounds or scars (Or limbs torn off)? Will there be hair growth? And will muscles grow/decrease over time? Having all of these things implemented in the game would be awesome, and I think that would increase immersion to the players even more. What do you think?

These ideas came to me when I browsed mods to Skyrim and caught eye on these things:
Pumping Iron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NxbXLiSB0U

Project Legacy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MAuQ-S1eUY&list=UUkstk7EFuQF1YZZPsqGGbAw&feature=share&index=7

3 Likes

There’s no information about this…but I’m not sure if it would be good and working all the time…and in the end of the game you’ll be propably one big walking scar…

I think wounds and scars would be a nice cosmetic addition or even affect how people treat you.

If you lose your arm or whatsoever in a fight its probably gameover anyway, thus nobody needs a torn off limb. And correct me if I’m wrong but afaik the developers already had a statement on chopping of bodyparts saying they won’t be able to do it technically. And this is not an immersion breaker as it is almost impossible to chop off a head of a guy in full plate.
I would want to have wounds and scars, you’d have to tend to after a fight. maybe ripping your blood soaked garments in pieces to tend to a wound? But thats quite a bit of work for not much immersion gain.

I understand the idea behind pumping iron, ive seen the mod, but i don’t feel like using it. It’s simply because strength =/= bulking up. Right now I like to go to the gym 4 times a week to bulk up but thats a matter of appearance (with the ladies :slight_smile: ). At that date nobody would care about appearance as it simply does not matter in a fight.
You are the son of a smith, thus you are already a healthy and probably kinda strong guy. My grandfather was a blacksmith he could hold a 22.5 pound smith hammer(doesn’t sound like much) (1,2m shaft) straight away from his body and rotate it still at armslength just using his lowerarm muscles. Most Bodybuilder nowadays could not achieve that. Because all they do is pumping weights to achieve a hulk like appearance (through lots of reps) though they are not even close to be as strong as a proper blacksmith. There is a difference in gaining strength and gaining mass. And the pumping iron mod simulates mass which is completly useless.

Bulk =/= Strength

I don’t want such a bodybuilder option because it adds not much to the gameplay but it takes lots of ressources. And it’s silly imho.

1 Like

I have played Skyrim and use both those mod which add a uniqueness to your character. Instead of playing as that same character from the begin your character eventually grows into that character which essentially adds a sense of achievement in the end. But even without the muscle growth the dynamic growth of hair, beards and scars would be a very good approach for the players to invest in their characters. I think the muscle growth would work well for the difference between characters from a bard to a thief and a battle harden warrior. But it would be difficult to implement if the NPC physics have already been sorted out armor fitting the character and what not. Although those were only modders of Skyrim that created that so it really wouldn’t be that difficult to implement in the game maybe a bit of cross engine work and fine tuning but the work has essentially been done already.

YES ! this would be amazing .