Question : Fantasy or Real?

I know this is based on a Realistic and no magic and no dragons thing but , is it set in Europe? or in a Fictional Europe?
Is it based on Fictional Kingdom or a Real one? Are the people NPC real historical figures or Fictional?

probably not the best titling considering this game, but I get where your coming from. I hope there is plenty of interesting European history. Even if it is happening outside the KC relm.

This game takes place in Bohemia in 1403 shortly before the Tannenberg battle (1415) wich opposed teutonic knights and Lithuanians.

It’s not a fiction, but the story of protagonist is probably a fiction.

1 Like

Ok so definetly a Praguese setting .

It is sets in Europe. Specifically in Medievall Bohemia (today czech, morava, and slovakia). The revealed story is that it is set to 1400. The king is captured by his brother. The only historicall even is a capture of Zikmund from Lucemburk in the year 1401. People didnt like that and there were rebelions. And it is right before the begining of the Crussades. Nice setting.

Well crusades start in 1096–1099 at least the first .

I would like to talk about realism, why is owning a castle or building a business as well as fighting in battles not allowed, this is a game after all it does need to have a little leeway in terms of realism, otherwise half of all players should contract dysentery and not be allowed to play after they die, this game has to be fun for more than the historians, if we want the game to be very successful, allowing the player to do more than one thing should be possible also building a castle and being a blacksmith etc. would allow people to see the medieval period from all cross sections of society in that time. Historically this is even more interesting and while I agree magic and dragons should be left out in the original game why not be allowed to get involved in all sorts of things?

The Jerusalem Crusades, yes.
The Bohemian Crusades against the Hussite heretics were fought in early 1400s though.

some realism should be sacrificed for playability we need better healing then what was historic

1 Like

Here is the video where Dan Vávra is talking about the location:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbHmE73p7o

Here you can read about the historical background and some of the persons being part of the story. So it’s real. Mainly the character you’ll be playing is fictional.

1 Like