Questions about mulitiple topics

Hopefully the swords will be on the right side of the character and will we be able to attack while drawing our sword?

I mentioned the swords being on the right side in a previous post but it’s something I really want to see in a game since moving a shield out of the way in order to draw a sword is stupid cause it could get you shot. Basically one handed swords can easily be drawn from the same side as your dominate sword hand. Try it if you own a sword like I do :smiley: 'tis completely possible. If you don’t have a sword then watch someone else do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94c88HfACfQ

My second point is pretty self explanatory and would be an interesting addition to the overall game’s combat as it could allow the player or the enemy to get an edge on the opponent from the very beginning of a dual. Of course it shouldn’t be as powerful and beneficial as going into a dual with your weapon drawn but if you get jumped by bandits it would at least let you be a little better off then you would be if you had to spend 2-4 seconds getting ready for the fight.

{Already addressed but not to the same depth Left Handed Gamers} Speaking of swords and what side they should be on, what about left handed enemies? Will we (players) have the choice of being left handed ourselves? I’ve heard left handed people have an advantage as they are the minority which most people aren’t used to fighting while they themselves are used to fighting the majority. Video about left handed swordsmanship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=138-9_Jd4Jo

Also will there be counters to counters to counters to counters? Counters to counters to counters to counters could be summed up in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69S-w7PE0v0&list=UU3WIohkLkH4GFoMrrWVZZFA&feature=c4-overview (Start watching about 2:20 mins in)

Additionally, based on the answer to stealth during the livestream I’m watching while writing this up (so sad I couldn’t watch it live:frowning:), but will we be able to blend in a crowd or put on clothes that would allow us to say by pass the city guards better?

Also since there won’t be multiplayer will it be at least possible to mod in co-op? Will Warhorse studios at least make it any easier for modders to make that work?

Will there also be some kind of parkour system to easily hope over fences or to possibly aid us in battle? And if we don’t fight with honor will people get mad at us like in Game of Thrones? (IE enemies or tournament announcers saying “You fight with no honor” or “You fight like a savage; stop that!” etc.)

{Sorry but this had already been addressed to a full degree Combat System : Multiple Ennemies} Lastly will enemies be intelligent enough to team up on you and try to surround you? Is there any way that the combat system could allow for defending against multiple enemies? Obviously it would be VERY challenging but that’s kind of the point…

Sorry for so many questions and since I wrote this before checking if it was addressed or not I have later gone and marked of what has been addressed. I won’t delete it as it could be useful for people to see and discuss upon. Anyways I can’t wait for this game!

1 Like

did you honestly just ask for parkour?

also all of this has been discussed, many answered in the faqs and videos.

@213
Really all of those have been already addressed? I doubt it… Likely that some of those were addressed but not all of them.

And you clearly didn’t read the entire thing beyond just the title since by parkour I mean hopping over a fence quickly or possibly getting onto a roof or up a wall like in some parts of The Witcher 2 although those required activating an animation which kind of sucked and it would be nice if it was more seamless in Kingdom Come.

Well if enemies do gang up on you, hopefully it doesn’t happen every time. I’m sure some members of bandit clans would want to prove their prowess by beating you in single combat.

1 Like

@ClumzySurgeon
That is true but more often then not they will want to rob you. With or without honor.

then don’t use the word parkour, words have meanings.

and the thing you asked for, hopping over obstacles, fences, etc is already shown in the video.

Can you please shorten the headline? Can’t read the beginning of the post.
Also, there’s no need to put your whole post in the headline as well.

@213 Technically hoping over a fence is as much parkour as climbing a building. They both require parkour like elements.

@Cerberus Sorry but it told me that my title was to short so I made it slightly (okay MUCH) longer. You could highlight the text to see it or I’ll shorten it…

In the relevant period swords where worn on the left. This is shown on illustrations and effigy’s.

The youtube video rather pointless. The guy is talking about longswords, then goes on showing it with a viking age one handed sword.
Viking swords are not Longsword. A longsword is a weapon used much later and usually in two hands. It is what games usually call a bastard sword. (including this game)

His point about a shield is also pointless. With a shield with a centergrib, just move the shield a bit forward.
With a “keitshield” just drawn a bit to the right.

Can I drawn a one-handed sword from the right? sure, but its is slower than from the left.
If for some reason Iam surprised and don’t have a shield, I can drawn and go into a parry from the left… not as easy if I draw from the right.
The diffent in spped, might just be a matter of training… but best case there is no advantage to any of the sides. And then we are back to “what did they do back then”

And I don’t need 2-4 seconds to drawn a sword.
So there is no practical reason to carry a sword on the right hip, there is not reason to allow this when looking at our historical sources…

Lefthanded.
Since we play a specific character there is no reason for us to be able to change what hand he uses… just like we can’t change his looks or name.

again, parkour has a defined meaning. hopping over a fence is called mantling, or “hopping over a fence”

if you call climbing over a fence parkour, then maybe throwing a piece of paper in the trashcan can be called basketball.

do not mince words.

No need to be prickly, he was just trying to make his point. Besides, it’s a good idea and should be implemented. I don’t remember seeing it in a video, though.

1 Like

@ThomasAagaard
That is why he put it much higher than it should have been. He doesn’t own as many swords as he would probably want. I personally can draw a sword from either side at pretty much the exact same speed and there are advantages to carrying swords on either side (opposite = you can strike from the draw; same = not breaking a shield line, accidentally hitting your friend when in formation or moving your shield) which is why I would ask for at least the ability to chose whether you are left/right handed or which side should we carry our swords at.

You have still not given any good reason why drawing from the left is a problem.

If it was a problem then why did they carry swords on the left?
(and it is clear from our our source that they did)

@ThomasAagaard
It’s not a problem if you’re not in a formation. In fact it has it’s advantages from what I can tell. (ie striking or blocking while drawing the sword) but because it’s possible to draw from the left why couldn’t that be in the game? I personally would rather carry a weapon on my right. Also this goes back to the left hand/right hand issue as well because it would be nice to be able to fight with either hand in Kingdom Come or at least be able to chose which hand to “level up” TES style where it gets better the more you use it. Also another reason why drawing from the other side is that while on horse back it would make more sense to avoid drawing across your horses neck. I’m pretty sure nobody wanted to put their horse in harms way if they could avoid it.

A few more stuff I would like to see Warhorse add but don’t want to make a new topic:

1. Punish people that put their sword away without wiping the blade.
  2. Have dedicated training swords for training so that the player won’t have to use their own sword which they would like to have in good condition.

Inspiration for this post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIpep3t6KQ