Questions and Answers Radzig not at Lookout

no horse??? the heck

Yep same problem here. He walks off to rattay but i cant interact with him there. so now completly stuck with a 30 hours+ save file

3 Likes

For anyone having problem with this quest. I have found a solution. You need to see a particular cut-scene. To trigger it, after talking to Sir Rodzig, go the his encampment during day time - regardless if he is there or not. If you have completed the quest and talked to him, it should fade to black and have a cutscene.

1 Like

dosnt work. because i cant talk to him. i fouind him but there is no interaction prompt (press x) to talk)

1 Like

Saved me, worked for me - such a silly bug. Really should have played their game through before release.

Known Bugs And Reporting new ones6

1 Like

Can you tell me his exact loaction ? Went through whole rattay and mahojed and he is not here… :frowning:

For me sir Radzig is stil stuck on the horsefarm of Neuhof. I can talk to him but cant get the quest involving merhojed to continue. Iv talked to the prisoner, got his letter, saved the vilage from the poisoning and im supposed to meet Radzig at the lookout point. I guess he likes horses more than revenge and stoping the cummans! :wink:

1 Like

For me Sir Radzig is standing at the little path between Merhojed and the Tavern in the woods ( i dont know the name)
hes just standing there beside his horse. Talk is greyed out and i cant start the quest. :frowning:

I’ve tried this, but no cutscene

Same problem. Guess I’ve wasted 40+ hours on this game

This is a real bummer. I’ve tried several work arounds and can’t find radzyg anywhere or get him to show at the camp. I’d really like to be able to continue the game.

Found him at neuhof, still no fix though.

1 Like

Found in Neuhof instead of Lookout, but cannot talk about Mrchojedy, he replies with “not now wait until we get there” … Tried to wait in Lookout for several days, but never appeared. Also went back to save after battle of Pribyslavice and restarted whole quest, but same result - Radzig in Neuhof.

1 Like

found in neuhof,
radzig never went to merhojed camp when he said he would go there and stayed in neuhof

I’ve had this issue too. I’ve tried all solutions people have posted, and nothing has worked.
For me, Radzig never appears at the Talmberg lookout. He is at Neuhoff. His horse is not at the lookout either. I am using the Steam PC version, but I’ve heard that this same bug is happening on all platforms, in a variety of manners.

I wondered if it was this issue to do with saving. So I reloaded to the Runt fight and beat him. I did not skip any cut-scenes or parts. The game placed me in my “new room” at Rattay. I did not sleep here; I immediately got on my horse and rode to Neuhoff. Radzig was not there. I rode back to Rattay and went upstairs and started that cut-scene, beginning the Questions and Answers quest-line.

I got back on my horse and rode north, through Neuhoff, where I briefly stopped to check for Radzig. He was not there. I continued north straight to the Lookout, and Radzig (nor his horse) was not there. I rode west to Merhojed. I spoke to Matthias, and exhausted his dialogue. I spoke to Melichar and began the Pestilence quest. I rode south to Neuhoff. Radzig was there. I spoke to him and could mention the plague, and he told me to go to the monastery. I rode to the Monastery and spoke to Johanka and then to Necobilus (? Can’t remember the name) and told him of the plague.
I said I could read, and identified as water poisoning. I spoke to him again, and I said I could help make the potion. I made it. I rode back to Merhojed. I sat around (not using the Wait function) until he turned up and the game told me to talk to him. I spoke to him, then spoke to Malichar. He let me see the prisoner. I gave the remedy to the prisoner then immediately rode to the Talmberg lookout. Radzig was not there. I rode back to Merhojed, and the quest had updated to allow me to speak to him. I exhausted his dialogue and he gave me the letter. I rode back to the lookout and sat around, and Radzig never appeared. I rode to Neuhoff, and he was leaning against the wall. He would only say “not until we get there” when I tried to speak about the events. I eventually tried murdering someone in front of him, which made him leave the wall and run to Rattay. I went to the talmberg lookout and sat around, occasionally leaving by foot and coming back. Eventually I tried sleeping there, still nothing.

AT NO POINT did I save, load, fast travel, use the wait function, die, sleep, or begin an unrelated cutscene. Before learning of the plague, Radzig was not at Neuhoff. After learning of it, he was at Neuhoff. The only times the game saved was automatically (beyond my control).

I did the whole thing again (took forever) alternately giving everyone the remedy, not speaking to Matthias, just Melichar. Radzig never appeared at the lookout. Since I was riding the route to Neuhoff manually, I tried a few different routes to see if there was a second Radzig; there was not.

I also tried doing the above again, but starting from just before the start of the battle that leads to the fight with Runt. Nothing.

I’ve spent hours on this issue. I give up. Nothing works. Not following word for word the exact methodology of other users, not reloading to earlier saves, not avoiding the save/load bug, not my own different attempts. I was really enjoying this game, but this is beyond the Pale. I understand when bugs exist, especially in large open world RPGs. But a game should not be released with an issue like this in the main storyline. Users should not have to spend hours trying to create workarounds for the main quest.
I do not dare to continue playing the game; I don’t want to risk playing another 8 hours just to find that the eventual patch requires a fresh new-started game.

1 Like

@username1 I also did everything as you (old saves, different solutions in Merhojed,…) + trying to attack Radzig with my bow on his way to Neuhof (he starts running, but ends in Neuhof again), attack him while he was staying in Neuhof, attack horses, etc. Absolutelly nothing helped.

2 Likes

Hi all!

##possible spoliers##

I think I’ve found the route of the problem and it may solve quite a few quest no-show bugs.

I’ve had the no-show bug appear on “Playing With The Devil” quest, where one of the ladys did not show up when instructed to meet them at the crossroads, and then the quest pinged a couple of nights later (“follow the ladys into the woods.”)

The woman was trapped at the side of her bed, acting like she was seeking after detecting someone trying to sneak about (stealth attempt fail dialogue).

With the Sir Radzig bug (no horse), I found him standing off from the side of his bed in Rattay, upstairs in the castle bit near the lower keep, where you get a bed, right off the meeting/feasting hall that you have cutscenes with Sir Radzig at Rattay. He got up as soon as I went in the room and then marched off. I had a word with him about the quest and he sent me to find manhart.

From the look of it, the bug in essence has to do with their sleeping arrangements.

I can certainly say the Lady in the house was in nightwear and appeared to be trapped just by a bed, Radzig got up and walked out as soon as I laid eyes on him.

Since I had not seen Sir Radzig since the end of the quest, where you kill the guy who nicked your sword, and I was quite contextually close the the Lady that was bugged in the devil quest, it might be a spawning/despawning issue where it could be that the pathfinding reverts to a default position (IE the bed) and resumes pathfinding, but halts as there are 2 lines of command for the NPC to follow and has no way of prioritizing. This then is overtaken by needs such as sleep, and it finds the nearest location the NPC is allocated to sleep. So it just keeps them in one place when ordered to. This puts the NPC into a “look at the wall and sleep” loop.

If in doubt, get them where they sleep!

Hi, thanks for the thoughts. For me, your ideas didn’t work, sadly. I think this quest is broken in about 20 different ways, since people are reporting all sorts of issues with it. The different platforms (PC, PS4 and xBox I believe) all seem to have major issues handling this quest (and a few others) but all exhibit different symptoms.

Regarding the Playing With The Devil quest, I had no issues, but the underlying cause could be related. If waiting around a few nights eventually updated the quest, it is possible the character was “in transit”. Similar things happen a lot in this game; Brother Nicobius from the monastery jogs to Merjohed, which you can see if you ride ahead and sit around. I even rode past him. This makes it difficult to know whether a quest is failing to update because a character is moving or if there is a larger issue, although it does have the benefit of making the game more immersive when it works.

I don’t believe that Radzig is tied to a quest update in this way; the quest objective says to go to the Talmberg Lookout to report, and a marker appears on the map. The game is therefore not waiting for Radzig to arrive before updating, it is waiting for the player to speak to Radzig at that location (the difference being one relies on player input, and the other does not). As I mentioned, for me Radzig was not in Neuhof before I (the player) learned about the quest. He was there afterwards. And this was after manually riding to Merjohed and back; my point is that it seems he is “set” to go to his next objective upon certain player-driven events. So learning about the plague actually either tells him “lookup your next objective location. Go to location. Wait for update”, and somehow this is leading to him going to Neuhoff, or he is spawned there at that point. Which makes me wonder, is the issue actually to do with the beginning of the quest.

Imagine Radzig has a table: 1) Rattay 2nd floor 2) Neuhoff 3) Talmberg Lookout
So he is supposed to be in Rattay at the start of the quest, so you can be told to go to Merjohed. At that point, maybe the game updates Radzig with “go to next objective”, so he begins to go to Neuhoff. Then imagine that maybe learning of the plague also sets “go to next objective”, but because Radzig hasn’t reached Neuhoff, it simply makes him go to Neuhoff again, rather than the lookout? The problem could be that Radzig never gets told to go to the Lookout, or is never told to go to Neuhoff; perhaps he is supposed to go to Neuhoff immediately, then to the Lookout after you learn of the plague. If he wasn’t told to go to Neuhoff straight away, if learning of the plague told him “go to next” he would go to Neuhoff when he was meant to go to the Lookout.

I’m just spitballing. Speaking to Radzig and exhausting his dialogue in Neuhoff gives off some dialogue from Henry that implies you are speaking to him in Rattay, not Neuhoff (I think he said something like “here” but contextually it refers to the castle, but it is about a different quest). I don’t know; it is difficult to diagnose an issue like this because fast-travelling takes time, just like manually riding, so you can’t quickly ascertain a character’s location at a given moment.

After reading your post, I did attempt to find Radzig in Rattay next to his bed; a youtube video I happened upon showed this happening too. No matter when in the questline I travelled to Rattay he was not there; he was in Rattay hall sitting around in the Feast Hall on the 2nd floor (before learning about plague), or in Neuhoff leaning against the wall. After learning about the plague, it didn’t matter if it was day or night, he was always leaning. I had to use fast-travelling though; I can’t put hours into checking this again.

So for me, I seem to be having a similar but also unrelated issue. It seems clear that there is something wrong with how the game updates Radzig’s location and maybe current task (idling or moving around living space, etc) in this quest. I thought the save/load bug may have been at fault, but that workaround didn’t fix it for me even though it worked for others.

I would modify your concept from “finds the nearest location the NPC is allocated to sleep” to “finds the nearest location with an allowable task for that NPC”. In Neuhoff, that is leaning against the wall. In Rattay, that may be sitting, sleeping, walking between small-tasks etc. An yes, it is probably looping this because it is waiting for an update that it cannot get for some reason.

I’m tired of this. Everyone seems to have different nuances to the issue. I’m going to demand a refund if the game isn’t patched within the next week; you wouldn’t accept a movie that plays perfectly for the first half of the runtime then goes black. You wouldn’t accept a hamburger that was perfectly cooked on the side you begin eating then halfway through is uncooked. Same here.

My apologies for the long post. I’m a little bit tipsy and I like typing.

I agree with most of what you say. The task and location updates for NPC’s needs work, and possibly Radzig could have been “broken” from the end of the raid on Runt by my best guess.

Although I do agree partially, this game brought me on board with the ambition of it (also lack of wizards… I hate wizards). Creating a systemic game on a scale like this is a challenge. It appears that it has sold well and will be getting resources to finish what they started.

Although the balancing is off in some areas, quite a fair amount of the subsystems are complete and quite compelling!

The sad reality is that it is broken at the moment. It’s an unstable build with some clear optimisation issues and serious glitching leading to a number of very frustrating game-breaking moments.

The next big patch will be the test to see if it’s going to sail. Hopefully they have discovered the big issues that are causing the issues. Xcom 2, Witcher 3 and ARK are similar case examples to this type of endeavour and how it will be judged.

I think I will give it a bit longer than the next patch, but pathfinding and quest systems need to have a serious improvement. I just hope they understand the gamble of releasing a broken game. Steam refunds stand and although I am very much enjoying upgrading alchemy, the side quests, and upgrading my gear; I would like to move to the next challenge the game is setting me.

I will be asking for my money back if I have to wipe and start fresh. Hopefully they will just fix it and I will wake up with a lovely quest marker for the next bit, and I will be blowing the fanfare for this game and I’ll be happy with the price for a working version.

Roll on next update! I’m off to go look for mods that fix things.

(I get a bit ranty! and also love typing!!)

1 Like