RE: Multiplayer

Like in Farcry 3. Solid SP, weak MP.

3 Likes

Uh? No way. Your statement seems to me like extremly untrue.

People wants to paly versus another people thats just nature of human being. And most peole enjoy that. So, in general, it really cannot be waste of time.

What was untrue on my statement. It was my opinion!
You all cry about a MP-Versus-Online/Local Mode.
But it seems that many users never played these ā€œvery good programedā€ CryEngine MP titles
with all his ā€œvery amazingā€ Modes like this Struggle or how it was called.
It is not a "We create these 08/15 MP titles like Activison with CoD in a couple of weeks"
After it is released many wll say, ā€œIt isnā€™t finishedā€ or something like that.
To have a KCD Arena/Versus MP Mode based on CryEngine,
it needs many many MANY time to give ppl a good Game
where they can cry about his own logics!

Ah, thats misunderstanding then!
I though You made a statemant like ā€œEarth is roundedā€ rather then your opinion. And also that you talk about most multiplayer games (like :ā€œCant you see that multiplayer is waste in most games anyway?ā€) And I feel I disagree with that as DayZ, IL-2: BoS and similar are quite good games in multiplayer.

So, you talked specificly about CryEngine. Well, not much games I played in it as Im not fan of FPS - they are usually less realistic then they pretend to be and I dont like it.

I guess nobody expect that this arena would be at Act I (and if I remember correctly devs said that if there will be something like thath, then in Act II or III) so the time needed could be planned carefully without haste or wasting of time. Sure it still takes some time (everything does), but small duel training yard isnt MMO ā€” it doesnt have to be proper multiplayer and it doesnt have to be called multiplayer.

It is okay :sunny:
But why you can tell so much about,ā€œKCD needs a MPā€, if you donā€™t like FPS title
and played very rarely a CryEngine FPS MP title?

Day-Z is an other shoe. I have already said it in other threads ā€¦
This is a comparison of banana and apple.
But best words to prevent a disaster are:
Whatā€™s Day-Z? What was it in his first days? What is it now?
I will not start, otherwise the list probably endless.
Only a game where ppl can hack, cheat, hooking, etc.
IL2 BoS is a good game, but come on!
Itā€™s a Real War Flight game with focus on simulation (details of aircrafts/planes, etc.)
It is not easy to program a good flight simulator
but that does not mean that it would be easier for KCD just because itā€™s an FPS.
There are many more simply constructed games like UT
but time has shown, CryEngine games which offers multiplayer
have always had problems. And I donā€™t just mean the emotions of the players.
the code isnā€™t good at all to prevent some poor gameplay feeling!
I think a MP will be cool and i like the idea to ā€œLet all see, Iā€™m the best knight of Ratajā€.
But for me not yet and not before ACT III.

Iā€™d love to see some COOP Play, a la, Dead Island, I would pay considerable more for that feature. Love me some Coop play! Now for a medieval MMORPG there is a game called Life is Feudal, anyone heard of that game?

Becouse Im not a coder, I made statements as a player. I cant jujge if this engine is good or bad for multiplayer.

I name Day-Z and IL-2 just becouse I though you are talking about multiplayer in general (but you did not) so it is irrelevant now.

I dont think there are enough multiplayer melee based games in CryEngine, not mention it really could only be a duelist mode. I think that change a lot.

Well I think it could be done before, but right after Act III sounds reasonable to me. I think we could agree on this after all :- )