RE: Multiplayer

Continuing the discussion from Multiplayer Category:

Why not multiplayer? This game seems to be having a fantastic combat system so stick it in MP and you got potential hundreds of hours of extra gameplay. m&b only got popular after they released Warband with MP which was average, nothing special. The open modding resulted in depth.Continuing the discussion from Multiplayer Category:

Continuing the discussion from Multiplayer Category:

Forgive me for double posting, but the thread I wanted to post in, I was unable to. :confused:

Simple. Because it was planned as a Realistic Open World First Person Medieval RPG, not a MMORPG. I don’t want another game where winning combat is dependend on factors like latency. cough Chivalry cough

It’s fine how it is. You can’t expect to have a “Realistic Open World” experience where you can fully dive into the world with lots of other players running around doing sh*t. This is how it always ends. And this is why most multiplayer communities suck hard. Trust me, I played World of Tanks :wink:

9 Likes

Oh boy, yes! I completely agree! KCD’s combat system is truly fantastic, well, except for the fact that we did not see almost anything of it yet. Also, there is (or will be) already far too much realistic-setting medieval single player game out there with ephasis on history and story rather than swinging swords; and too few multiplayer butcher shops, except for Warband. And it’s mods. And Viking Conquest. And Melee: BG. And Chivalry. And War of the Roses, and Life is Feudal, and Bannerlord, and…
I’m looking forward to unrealistically kill even more [NATION]<…uberclan…>IaMtHeGuY-s, technically the exact same way I did in the last few years!
Multiplayer should be done, because I paid for this game already!

:]]

Okay, this was possibly cruel, but still.
No.
Just… no. KCD has, and had a vision. Let them make it so.

8 Likes

Maybe you should mention that this was meant ironically… just in case :wink:

@Senseless : I guess the people get it if they read it all :smiley:

this topic is a thread killer not long before the trolls come to feed.

I personally would like to see a MP tournament mode, but not at the expense of the SP game.

This is the first game to even come remotely close to my expectations of a Proper Game, and multiplayer would completely kill that dream.

7 Likes

I agree. an added extra where you can play off against other players would be good as long as it has no impact on the SP.

4 Likes

short answer: multiplayer is not going to happen in act1

1 Like

hey now i liked chivalry. especially when u make the perfect block right on time and they cant block u as u drag your sword through their guts.

Really? I saw some vids where they played and one update were focused on it.

We know there are 6 zones (top, sides up, sides bot and mid) and 3 ways to do it (slash thrust and special attack like kick or pommel strike) giving you 18 basic attacks.
We know that there will be block button to block any attack in cost of stamina but right timing will allows you “Riposte” or similar effects
We know that we would be able to do feint attacks.
We know that weapons will be based on inverse kinematics.
We know that to fight an armoured opponent you will “fight his stamina” first.
We know htat fight will be more dueals and fighting multiple opponents will be really difficulty
We know thahat combat skill will not only increase your damage but also makes your attck faster and your block easier.

I know there is place for some question and nobody tryied the combat yet (beside Warhorse) but this is far from “almost anything” and gives picture how the combat will work. : -)

Ha! You forget mention a knife-only maps in Counter Strike ans a shovel in DoD :smile: Just becouse those are medieval-ish games doesnt ment they are good substitution.
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear multiplayer is totaly different experience than Counter Strike. Il-2 is different than World of Warplanes… etc.
Similary KC:D has different combat and is much more authentic then games you mentioned (which has really similar cobat to each other except the Chivarly).

So - even though I dont need multiplayer I think your sarcasm were litttle bit off.

2 Likes

awww c’mon @Wenceslaus . I thought you would see his irony in the post.

Wel… the irony (sarcasm I would say) was the point of my reaction. Perhaps its not clear from what I wrote but… I really tryied! :smile:

As I ponder the whole MP idea (and FTR this pondering is done without even reading either side’s arguments), one thought occurs to me…

…if people want a realistic RPG, but those people also want MP, does that mean they’re okay with perma-death when some dude whose been playing 3 times as long as them eviscerates them and loots all their stuff?

I get that there will prolly be checkpoints and such for the SP experience, but if a game like this allowed multiplayer battles, wouldn’t those naturally have to occur in some believable and historical setting, such as a faire or tournament? And in such a system, would not those killed need to stay that way?

Well, I’m sure there are many concessions we could make for multiplayer… I mean, it’s a game, so why does it need to be accurate, realistic, or even historical? So how about we make it a magical arena… yeah… where when you die, a little fairy flies out of your ass and resurrects you to fight on. But the fairy charges you exactly 10% of your groshes each time it has to quit hitting the bourbon long enough to deal with your dead ass.

Should I mention that there may be some sarcasm within my post, or is it apparent? :wink:

Just kidding @Senseless :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:

I like where this thread is going …

Perhaps this is the chance of solving an issue most multiplayer and in particular MMORPGs have.
Most of the time they suffer from over fulfilment of certain roles - who needs that many heroes, nobles and such?

My suggestion, every game key is linked and locked to a certain role in the game. We need more chambermaids cleaning chamber pots, more kitchen help cooking every day all day and definitely more stable boys cleaning out the muck. The locking is to ensure a useful distribution of needed roles and to enhance the realism of the situation - with not much chance of raising above your station.
With this we will create a lifelike environment with real emotions and hurt feelings…

I’m not sure where in the OP he says he wants an MMO… What I think would be great is just a 2 player co-op or maybe a tourney mode as others have suggested.

1 Like

You guys mistake some points. Multiplayer in MB, for example, its not persistent, so you earn coins in that battle and only there, you buy gear and whatever. If you leave and come back, or the round ends, or whatever, it starts over. It have several gamemodes, and each play what they want, in a server of what, 32 to 64 players.

Now MMO is a totally other stuff. Its not because we are playing with other peoples that you should take MP and MMO as the same thing. The multiplayer is just a diversion, as the MMO requires you to grind and other stuff. There is no level at the multiplayer, nor stats, thats only your player skill (which, in my opinion, sounds realistic).

i would truly appreciate a MP on K:CD, as i’ll want to play more along within the game with my community, roleplay each faction as we been doing for so 6 years and that so on.

This guy gets it.

Also, guys…NOWHERE did I say anything about an MMO, but a suggestion to add anything that is MP, even one gamemode and you have tons of potential extra gameplay. Why I mentioned MB is because it’s so simple, you literally just buy equipment. Yes there are 3 different classes, but hell you can just have an equipment screen with everyone having the same stats. The effort it takes is totally worth it, that is if it even takes any effort. All that really matters is a server that works and everyone can connect to it.

One things for sure if the Devs don’t do it, Modders will

I wouldn’t mind if they added a MP mode to the tournament/arena that was one of their stretch goals. But this is something that should be done if they feel they have the time for it. I don’t want them to do something like “Nah we don’t have time to continue this storyline so just end it somehow, we need to start working on the MP features if we’re gonna make it in time”

Most of the time, MP is a waste of time.

1 Like