Realistic archery

What bow did you use, and by well, do you mean able to hit a target at 20 yards? Being able to hit small target like a rabbit is hard as fuck even with modern compounds (speaking from experience).

And if Archery was as easy as you claim, Yeoman in England would not have been require by law to practice. And if you want to talk about cultures like the Cuman’s, they likely were training with a bow since before they were ten years old. Henry is also using quite powerful bows, and those are much harder to pull then modern compounds. And good luck hitting someone trying to kill you with just a jew hours practice under your belt.

Becoming proficient at archery is not easy, or a quick thing. This game has by far the most realistic archery out of any game ive ever played.

Settle down. I’m not saying I expect to hit rabbits at 20 yards… I’m saying that a drunken archer in real life is more accurate at ten yards than you can be in the game at ten feet.

At least in real life, you can correct your shots. In this game, with the incredibly exaggerated swaying (which I shall note the animation doesn’t seem to have a 1-to-1 correspondence with your aim so far as I can tell) there is no frame of reference. The fact the game has a bug where you can only equip 1 arrow at a time does not help with having to correct your shots, if it were in fact possible. I was able to hit several bullseyes at the target range, but this was only because of the extremely exactly repetitive nature of the swaying animation, where by not moving the mouse, or adjusting it very slightly and timing it to a specific bob in Henry’s drunken weave, I was able to replicate a feat, in slow and plodding manner, which any kid with a 20-lb bow could’ve done in twenty minutes.

Outside the target range? Well, there’s a reason the animals are programmed to treat you like Snow White, letting you bumble up to them till you’re just six feet away. You can’t hit anything. The moment you move, or try to hit a moving target, you might as well be blindfolded and shoot at sounds, as there’s no frame of reference. Hunting is a joke compared to the reality.

I’d like to see videos of players hitting deer and rabbits at 30 yards, or hitting a target at 100 yards, as some great archers can do in reality. Any of you have terrific videos to share of such accomplishments? I expect you’ve been practising, in the game and in real life… so no doubt if the game is a very realistic example you can quite specifically pick your targets.

Oh, and if you can’t shoot something trying to kill you… you have no business going out hunting. Hell, if that’s right, that shows it’s not realistic at all. It’s EASY to hit guys trying to kill you in the game, it’s just hard to shoot your pet rabbits snuggling your feet.

About rank 12. The wobble is less absurd, but aiming is still a joke. Oh, I seriously recommend you get the Realistic Arrow Speed mod, it makes aiming a bit less stupid. https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/84?tab=description

Otherwise, it feels a lot like trying to hit people with rubber bands. you have an effective range of about four feet.