Really wanted to love this game, but

First, the awful save system. I understand why a few people might enjoy this system, but it really needs to be something that can be toggled on and off. I find myself choosing not to play because i dont know if i will be wasting my time by not finding a save point. I have kids, if i need to stop playing to take care of them i may lose more than an hour of gameplay, i dont want to constantly have to spend countless hours replaying the same content. I want to get into fights to level up or make money but because i cant save before a fight i find myself avoiding fights because when i die i may have wasted more than an hour of my time, then its another hour just to get back to the fight which i may lose again, so i never have any money and nothing levels up, and with no money i cant buy saves. Who thought forcing this was a good idea? Do none of the devs have families? I have been playing for many hours, just finished Mysterious Ways and i only have 50 money, i cant hardly afford to feed myself or buy a couple arrows and i certanly cant afford to save. The most important thing a game needs to do is be fun, and this is just not fun.

And the lockpicking on ps4 is bad. Really bad. This needs to be made at least 75% easier, did nobody test this? I cant make any money breaking into chests because its almost impossible to even get into easy ones! Every time i see a chest or a locked door i dont even try, i would need hundreds of lockpicks to have any chance at all. Its just not fun.

I would much rather have waited another year for the bugs and bad mechanics to be worked out than to buy it now and be so disappointed. It really does almost feel unplayable, you certanly cant call it finished. I really wanted to love this game but every time i pick up the controller i wonder if im going to be wasting my time and angry when i am done . Its so frustrating that its really hard not to just walk away from it. Please fix this beautiful mess.

1 Like

warhorse is working on lockpicking and saving the game (most likely exit save)

Finally something new on the table! The backer-joker is missing though. I’m sure none of the whole Warhorse team has families, yes :smiley:

So stop playing and wait a year… like you said. Everything will be patched and balanced by then.