Reputation Bug?

I posted this in another spot but no one really confirmed or added to this at all so thought I’d try here to see if anyone else has had this or if this is a bug.

After pissing off the whole citizen population of Rattay, eveyrtime I need to talk to an NPC like a merchant I have to pay 200-300 gold just to get them to speak with me. Which I get it they’re pissed they want compensation. But you have to pay them over and over again. I’ve had to pay the same person to talk to them 3 times over 200 gold each time. And Sir Radzig or Sir Robard is at least 700. You can talk to them. Pay. Hit end diologue. Then talk to them immediately again and they will ignore you until you pay money again. Anyone else having to do the same thing? Is this a bug or just one of the dumbest things ever about the reputation system?

Also it would be nice if they’d add something to the reputation system that told us what we were wanted for? Like it Rattay there’s always a red/gold coin icon. What are they pissed at me for? I’ve seen there’s a bug with gaining a wanted level at the mills? I have a wanted level there as well. What the hell for? This should be stated in the reputation screen or somewhere that we are wanted in that city/town and what the charges are.

So many criminals. I’m living a pure and holy life.

2 Likes

:grinning:Known Bugs And Reporting new ones:grinning:10

Yes I’m aware but as I said I’m wondering if anyone else has encountered this or deals with the same issue? Is it supposed to be this way or is it just a bug?

1 Like

I was on -100 rep with the Rattay townsfolk after punching the executioner in the face (although I didn’t notice until I was well past that point). What worked for me was getting arrested for a crime (you may have to commit another one to get on the guards radar). I then went to jail for 10 days. When I got out my rep with the guards and townsfolk was +20. Not perfect but at least i can interact with them again.

I have the same problem.They all ask for 210 to talk and then nothing happens!They just take the coins and refuse to talk anymore.
My reputation is -79 without doing anything bad ( except killing the executioner which noone saw)
Now noone talks to me to ever get the activity and quests,so i cant make up for the bad reputaion

I had the same thing happen, and there’s no making amends for it.
I’m pretty sure i figured out exactly why thought.

It’s to do with the ordinary mug peak…
Example:
You commit a crime in Sasau, lets say steath-kill a shop guard cause you want to loot the tailor at night.
The tailor magically knows about it, even tho your vis/dis/sound is ZERO, on your way out you hear the guard are being called.
Then you hall the loot home, and stay away for … is it something like 48 hours?, and your slate is wiped clean, the guards forgot about it… ya 0O.
That’s what Ordinary Mug does i guess, heres the problem tho, O N L Y the guards forgot it… not the town, and all its NPC’s.

I guess they would talk to you if you payed of the crime/jail in time. but you freaking cant then the guards forgot about it, thank you very much ordinary mug peak :smiley:

Iv had loads of other bugs along the way, and failed quest for no particular reason, but this one is a game breaker facepalm

You can reset your rep by going to jail.
I read that on a reddit post and tried it in Sassau and it worked. Sadly 2 guards had to die in the process.

Some bug here -21 rep in Rattay and ppl for talk whit me want money…

Did you try my above mentioned fix?
I went from -100 to o by going to jail.

I have actually found that when I avoided being a shitbag or at least avoided being spotted while shitbagging and stopped pissing them off, while clearing out the bandit camps and partaking in random side quests, the rep has increased and after so long they went from screw you pay me to hey there Henry.

I got better! I have reputation at all towns 70+ trying to be good citizen, helping everyone etc. and recently everyone everywhere behave like i killed them all. I must pay them to even talk to me. Broken game like never. Pisses me off so much, I really want to kill everyone everywhere.

I have this exact problem. My rep in rattay is over 50 for all types of citizens and I still need to pay off anyone I choose to talk to. Went to jail for 7 days, didn’t fix it. Also cleared 3 bandit camps and rose rep to 100 with the guards and the captain still won’t train me. I haven’t tried waiting/sleeping 2 days but I will try that next. Also seems that no shopkeepers will buy anything off you, very annoying.