Saving when you exit

First: I am okay with the anti save scum system itself, BUT the game should save when you exit. It even says so in the popup when you get your first schnaps ?! I pre ordered the game 2 years ago and love the concept, but right now I have lost evry motivation to continue to play. It is just an annyoing chore to search for a bed every time I need to exit the game, because schnaps would cost me every penny I got this way. Or should I leave my computer on the whole day !? Is THAT what the devs thought ? I am so furious right now, especially because the popup said it would save and I had to replay TWO HOURS, I don’t have infinite time. Sry, if I sound harsh, I am just so frustrated and don’t see any justification for the missing auto save function…

1 Like

Check out the sticky - If you're sick of the save system, here's a guide to fix it

Your not alone with those thoughts btw…

Awful save implementation system

1 Like

Actually i don’t know if this is the Solution for the Problem, atleast for me. Because atleast i don’t want to get rid of the Save-System itself because i like it. It reminds me of the good ol’ Resident Evil Days where you have to think properly when you save, and not mindlessly exploit the free-save-system.

However what i miss is an Suspend / Temporary Savegame when you quit the Game. And i think this is was the OP also frustrates, that he have to quit but can’t properly due there isn’t any temp savesystem for quitting…

2 Likes

Most of the comments in the sticky are asking for save on exit. The mod is just a workaround at the moment. Its up to the devs to sort this - their pigheadedness is what caused this! Only a small portion of players have the time to play without interruptions. SAVE ON EXIT DEVS!

I for one wouldnt care about having to drink or sleep to save then - i dont mind that, but when i have to stop playing i NEED to save, not be forced to lose progress for “realism”

1 Like

All you need to do is drink a saviour schnapps before you leave the game? what is so difficult about that?

I play in hour long chunks at maximum - that means I have to use many, many more potions then I would like. It also means I am nonstop drunk. Big disadvantage against someone who can play 3-5 hours nonstop

3 Likes

They cost A LOT OF MONEY

Then you have to factor that in when you are playing the game and saving/spending money…

You could of course buy or find the ingredients and make the potion which is very simple and a lot cheaper.

I save on exit through force of habit so I find the method annoying. If potion were much cheaper, I’d be okay with it.

1 Like

Did you read what I said ? " …every time I need to exit the game, because schnaps would cost me every penny I got this way." thanks for this helpfull answer I guess… ?

If you only have 30mins to an hour a time how do you expect to a) get money to buy potion, b) farm items to make it?

It punishes those who don’t have hours at a time. Save on exit fixes the issue and keeps the save system in tact. Just because you like it and are OK with it doesn’t mean it’s “right”

Make it an option you can tick maybe?

2 Likes

Yes i read it… you need to make more money then! or like someone else said, find the ingredients and make the potion?

Did you read my points?

If you only have a short period to play before needing to quit, then you will never have enough time to farm money or ingredients.

You going to tell me tough? I cant play?

Whatever. It’s been modded. I will run with that until devs fix this. It’s a big balls up that will alienate a lot of players, mostly on console who don’t have access to mods.

Just go back to your bed to sleep before you leave the game and it saves… Simple.

Save on exit would do, it would prevent people spam it, but being a slave of auto save or schnaps is never good with kids and a job. Otherwise i love the system, many times I thought I have failed the objective but only because of that I have found other creative and funny options how to get back on track an acomplish them. With quick save I would only reload until i would succeed with my original plan. This game wants you to fail and go on with it and is ready to reward you for it, which is amazing.

1 Like