Saving wont finish

So when I try to save, select a previous file, press “yes”, I do want to overwrite the file, usually a “continue” button appears within a few seconds. But for whatever reason, the button wont appear. You cant do anything while the game saves, so my only option is to ALT F4 the game. I’ve tried to save about 3 times now, but it wont work. Anyone else had this bug before and knows a work around or easy way to fix it?

don’t know about PC but with PS4 KCD allows the user to save enough files that they corrupt game behavior. on PS4, deleting extra files reduce or eliminated (not sure which yet) the issue

Do you happen to be on the House of God quest? Maybe it’s related to these:

1 Like

I dont know the name of the quest in english, in german its “Steinschlag”, a sidequest in Sasau about the monks not willing to pay for the stones they need to build their church or whatever. I think u were right with your presumption, since I reloaded an older save and tried to save from there and yes, Im able to save now. Guess one shouldnt finish the quest until its fixed…
Thank you for your reply!

1 Like

Yep, that’s the same quest. Glad you got it working again.

This happened to me, after the same quest “House of God”, I’m sure they are trying to fix and I’m hoping it’s fixed with the next patch. I love this game I haven’t gone back and avoided this mission all together but that will be my next try. I have 50 hours with this play through and would like to complete main story with it. Tried everything I could think of to bypass this issue. Loading or savings of any kind is freezing or stuck in loading forever. Sucks more people are having this issue but I’m glad it’s not just me.

Sidenote: If we complete the main storyline are we able to finish side missions? Something to do while I wait for patch.

Update: I think in this case it’s just a problem with that side quest, loaded an earlier save from before the I started it and saving works fine now. Hopefully patch 1.03 fixes this. Have fun with the game everybody!