House of God quest, massive bug after completion

Just another one of those topics to help bring it to the devs attention even more
After doing this quest, and more precisely - SPOILER BEHIND SUMMARY -

Summary

after killing Zmola at the mill ( who will just stay without doing anything in front of the door where Leshek hides 80% of the time BTW. Also, Leshek appears standing and well even though the game seems to consider him uncounscious and my character acts like he is )

loading times become very long, infinitely long in some cases.
I cannot save anymore, rather it is by sleeping or with saviour schnaps, eating in a pot, initiating dialog, anything that implies loading doesn’t seem to work properly anymore.

I will try to finish the quest another way, even though I’m not satisfied with this outcome at all, as it seems to have worked for some people.
But yeah, this needs a fix ASAP for future players, because I’ve been reloading the game trying to do this or find a solution for a good 4 or 5 hours now.

Thanks

PS : also, not to end on a bad note, I think you can be proud of your game. This detail aside, I’ve been having a great time with it

3 Likes

Yep, exact same bug in my game, with steam version. I think it has something to do with Leshek, who’s obviously bugged and unkillable (even though you can attack him and you even get a mercy kill option, it won’t actually kill the NPC). With no saves before beginning this quest, my game is over until a fix is released.

Very sorry to hear madbunny, must be awfully frustrating… Hopefully they fix this soon.

Exact same issue with me…Cannot save, loading becomes very long. retried the quest multiple times with the same issue.

Same with me. Now stuck halfway through the quest where you look for Zmola in the Miller’s house. Whenever I try and sleep even if I complete the quest or leave it, I just get infinite loading time when I try and wake up. If I use a saviour snapps, it doesn’t save and then it means I can’t interact with any character. The option is there but pressing x to talk to hem does nothing. I’ve had to stop playing until they fix this quest.

Same bug here, cant do anything that involves saving after killing the guy at the millers house. Freezes when I sleep or save.