Scribe for mysterious ways always runs away

The scribe for the mysterious ways quest won’t talk to me and he just runs away, and everytiime it shows a pop up on screen about people noticing my bad actions. Ive tried everything to get my reputation up, Ive paid the bailiff off when he was mad at me, killed tons of bandits and done side quests, but he still runs away. Anyone else have this and does anyone have solutions?

Seems others are having this issue as well here >>> I have made a huge mistake and need help

Yes he does that to me because I took his clothes. Still trying to get a fix

If you already know how to read, you don’t “need” to talk to him, you can finish the quest yourself.

In fact, i’ve discovered that nearly every quest can be solved by just reading the quests and figuring it out. The NPC’s are there for the most part to give you clues and directions .

I’ve answered here how to correct these bad reputation wih NPC cases (click on my nick below to open it completely):

Next time don’t go lollygagging in private chambers when civillians are looking at you. If you stay there for too long, they’ll get intimidated and run away every time they spot you.
Noncivillians react differently - they’ll attack you on spot later if you didn’t respect their privacy.

Alright guys I solved it! I just had to commit a crime and go to jail and now he talks to me!