I have made a huge mistake and need help

I have made a huge mistake. So I went into the Rattay scribes office/house and thought it was a good idea to take his expensive clothes and sell them. The problem is now I need to talk to him for a quest and every time I go to him he runs away. I have tried skipping a few days and tipping the traders but nothing has changed, any suggestions?

Happened the same to me in a different occasion, sadly I think only reverting to a save might help, I have found no solution.

Dont break the law arsehole!

6 Likes

You may need to reload i am unsure if there is a fix for this.

The last save would be a long time ago and I would have to do almost everything over again :frowning:

Would that be so bad though? You could breeze through it and even do better than before or find easter eggs you missed.

I think this is a problem you should forward to the support, I do understand people fleeing for a while after getting scared but not days and days over, blocking any interaction, let’s say a blacksmith does that or a main quest character (I literally had this bug on a main story side quest which was 100% needed and couldn’t be skipped).

I always make a save before trying stupid things.In case it’s not going so well, i can reload it again.Considering this game has so much bugs.

Problem is, sometimes it’s not even intentional, I knocked this guy out to steal something I thought needed for the quest (which I realized later I didn’t even need) and he kept running around aimlessly like a chicken without a head.

Its… probably not a bug. Pretty sure the devs keep saying that your choices make differences and being/doing different things can certainly block you from doing some things

1 Like

I love this about the game, that actions matter. Most game devs would shy away from that. It’s a great thing to have, because you have to decide at the beginning of the game on a moral compass for your character, and live with the result.

2 Likes

Yes I like that too but when I started I did not know that and now I can’t get past one of the main quests. I also need to do that main quest to do another main quest. So I am just stuck running around doing activities.

Blocking you from the main quest is voluntary aswell…?

I don’t think it should block you from progressing in the game. Hopefully he will forgive me but for now I just can only do side quests and activities :frowning:

Ouh… this means you have realy, realy bad reputation with him.
Only way you can fix it is if you go to jail (in the same town) so he felt satisfied.

Ok I will try to go to jail and see if that works. What is the least jail punishment so I don’t completely ruin my rep with rattay?

Just punch a guard.

Also, regarding the scribe - do you already know how to read? If so, you don’t need him - you can just finish the quest by searching his establishment.

Yes I do know how to read but it says to talk to the scribe.

Read the full quest text.

Ok I will, thank you. Hopefully it works…