Second Pledge Challenge!

You seem to be awesome, but you are also one of the most invisible community managers I’ve ever seen. I’m still trying to figure out if I think that’s good or not. Heh. Definitely good for letting the community be what it is, but I suspect there may be benefit to passing along daily tidbits from the team here, where the community is waiting on them like little, baby birds wait for their food…

That’s my secret :)… i prefer to let you discuss stuff and share opinions rather than answer every question and cut the flow. I just jump in if my help is really necessary. On the other hand it’s way too interesting to listen to your opinions and thoughts and look how you deal with things. But be sure. I am always there to read all your posts :). Do you wish me to be more “active”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just upgraded my pledge :smiley:

Will my title change to baron now?

1 Like

I guess you already have your answer? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be kind of cool if you had little bits of fun from “what happened today at warhorse” to drop here. A standup of sorts, but for the peeps. :smile:

I had my personal talk with Daniel and Martin who both say they don’t want to spoil the community with upcoming content. It would also raise discussions about features, that may be unnecessary before anyone of us has ever tested those features.

About those funny moments: they’re only funny related to content, so it won’t work if you as a community manager can’t share content. It has a reason that Daniel is sharing content via video updates or blog entries. It’s controlling the flow of information and keeping secrets so players will be surprised by the game’s content. I also said it would be nice to have more info but I can understand their situation with their first game. I didn’t know much about Mafia back then, except for the setting and the story. Same with KCD but this time I’m more involved, yet don’t know more than you.

And to finish my posting: I hate daily or weekly devblogs with no real new or interesting content.

I really don’t think we need updates at the rate a few people are wishing for, to be honest.

I think it’s perfectly ok as you do it now. Much better than “I must reply in every thread cuz we need to keep ppl talkin…” or starting artificial threads. People talk when they want.

2 Likes

Are you an alt of Tobi? This reply confuses me.

Delay the tests for Alpha, jsut a few weeks… >_> I’ll seem to get my earning by the end of Octobre… before that I sadly can’T pledge anything but good words onto Warhorses… Wanted to higher up my pledge anway, but some evil kind of personal mischief brought me off this plan in time. :frowning:

Ummm… no? The community (at least some of the Germans) know who I am and I’m definitely not @TobiTobsen . He has some fancier hairstyle than me :stuck_out_tongue:

And is it not possible to have a personal talk with Daniel and Martin? Let me point you to a thread which should clarify that a bit:

No need to get defensive; it simply wasn’t obvious to me given that I was asking him and you replied as if you could speak for him… so I wondered if you were, in fact, him.

Thanks for clarifying. :wink:

Answer 1: I’m unfortunately a poor son of a dead blacksmith. Forgive me, that I can not be more generous. :wink:

Answer 2: … what I get for …? A fief, perhaps? With its own castle at all? :slight_smile: For that I would (more) 100 Thaler …

Answer 3 Money, money, only money! The pursuit of wealth drives to peak performance, ownership makes lazy and sluggish. (author unknown, presumably Protestant) :frowning:

Best Answer: The most precious that a mature person can give, are his experiences with which he has earned a fortune.
In this case: not 40 k supporters with $ 100, but 4 million supporters with $ 20. Search and find the all remaining fans. (See Star Citizen) :wink:

[quote=“YuusouAmazing, post:23, topic:18019”]…
And to finish my posting: I hate daily or weekly devblogs with no real new or interesting content.
[/quote]
agreed, a certain content density is preferred - probably from most sides, even if it comes at the cost of irregular update intervals. :smile:

I think it’s a bit of a basic problem of kickstarter projects. You have to entice a crowd early on and get them interested in your project, but then you have to keep them entertained even in times, where the most interesting updates are “written x lines of code” or “fixed bugs in revision Y that no one outside the office will ever see”. :wink:

in another project someone suggested putting up an office web cam so the community could watch the “exciting” development process live and in real time - needless to say the devs didn’t really go for it…

Then the solution, for the poor souls who cannot pledge a second time (for instance I’m saving money to make a second pledge, should have enough in about 3 more weeks) share the word with friends and convince them to invest in KCD. Though knowing the crowd that is currently left on these forums, my guess is just about all of us have likely done that.

1 Like

I assume unfortunately too. There has to be asked the question: what must offer my product (game), so that it is more attractive for what target group? In the forum many hints were given there already, but it will probably be possible only in Act 2 or Act 3, to go into detail. Also we are in 2015 better able to judge what competitors have to offer for this target group.

I definately plan to upgrade to Earl, if there will be enough money left even go with Duke. But that’ll take some months.

Besides that, I’m bringing up KCD quite often amongst friends and co-workers once we talk about games. But most of them don’t seem like the target audience.

1 Like

would be interesting to what age group it is. Even if they generally middle age-affine games like and which have fallen. Think, the more concrete the information is, the better for the developer. :wink:

They’re between 20 and 30. One of them really likes the Sci-Fi stuff as well as games like BF, EVE Online or M&B (yep, quite a range) and he also seems most interested, but more in the gameplay side than the history. The others… well that’s quite a mix from classics like Zelda, to new Indie games like Prison Architect or Star Citizen. Even one who played many many ours with Farming Simulator. So there are quite a few different tastes, but only one seems actually interested.

That said, what I meant by “target audience” was more aimed to the fact that I don’t think anyone of them is interested in the middle ages, where I - on the other hand - am quite interested, even if I don’t know much actual facts about it (unless a lot of people here).

1 Like

yes, the Agricultural Simulator or even a fishing simulator!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: are frequently played games. Construction and management of natural resources seems to push a lot of interest. Even two generations seem to encounter there (grandchildren / grandparents)
In between is the generation of “Easter eggs Finder” :slight_smile: (find objects that has hidden somewhere the level designer)
Interestingly, we wait for what’s coming such … :wink: