Skyrim - Kingdom Come Deliverance?

I would like to see 1600 - 1700 time period mod, even that it would require massive luck for player to survive in big battles with volleys, artillery and cavalry.

2 Likes

I thing that cannons/guns kinda ruined the fun :stuck_out_tongue: Medieval sword/bow/lance/axe/shield/crossbow games are more fun I think. Especially with the gun period where the armies simply stood in a line and shoot each other. It seems like aiming and taking cover is most of the fun, with swords for example you have 100s of techniques.

What I would absolutely love to see is a game like KCD set in the newly discovered American continent, with Indians attacking, you in a wooden fort, having to take care of supplies, guard caravans, attack Indian bases, go hunting, build huts, go hide hunting, travel to major cities, explore undiscovered land filled with animals and dangers!

I love the ancient Greek period (I am Greek BTW :stuck_out_tongue:), the roman period, the medieval and what I mentioned above.

Actually in hussite wars there were used first fire arms, i believe.

Kinda curious whether we will see something like that.

Lets hope they keep it medieval, modern technology ruins the fun imo :stuck_out_tongue:

as posted above and a few dozen times throughout the forums the earliest forms of firearms were available during this time and location.

So it wouldn’t be “modern technology” it would be medieval firearms.

2 Likes

It is called crititism. As an game developer you need to be very good at it. His critic point of view may ruin your gamers experience, but for a developer it is a driving force to make games better

Well said, I would rather buy a game from a dev that criticize most other games (thus is highly driven to avoid making the same mistakes) than from someone who speaks highly of other games :smile:

3 Likes

I was sort of joking with that word. I forgot to put it in quotation marks. Vávra just tends to have this “all games are shit these days” aura around him when he talks about other games (which people who dont follow czech gaming press might not catch). Yes, developer should try to avoid mistakes made by others, but we have yet to see that with KC:D, because the game isnt out yet. And no, his criticism doesnt really ruin my gamers experience, because I can make my own opinions on games I play.

2 Likes

I would actually almost agree with “all games are shit these days”.

3 Likes

I can agree with some things that VĂĄvra does say about Skyrim, nevertheless it is my one of the favourite games. Strange? Just to add to it: On PC. Spent 97 % of the time fiddling with mods and restarting - and enjoyed every minute of it. The same for Morrowind and Oblivion. So this is actually not contradicting VĂĄvra, as much as passing him by:-)

1 Like

Yes I agree with you. Its just different perspectives. He is a developer, most people who play Skyrim are just consumers. But you dont have to change your opinion, because someone else hated the game.

who’s asking people to change their opinions? it seems only you are making a big deal out of vavra’s criticism of skyrim and other games.

why do you assume people changed their opinions? is it hard to conceive that skyrim really is a bad ugly game that many people don’t like?

2 Likes

I did not finish Skyrim. Party because I have noticed some of those points written by Dan in the article. The thing is that every player has different Ignorance/acceptance level to be able to enjoy a game. For example I did not realize that some structures in Skyrim are not architectually possible before. I would notice now after it was pointed to me. So If I ever played it again, it would probably start bothering me a little. Nevertheless I found his criticism mostly valid and his his articles are interesting so I will keep reading them. There is nothing wrong when one tells what bothers him on todays gaming industry. Especially when the one tries to improve it in his project
 All the hate caused by that article is immature

2 Likes

Probably people who call those people tasteless idiots.

See, and that is what I don’t like practically in every community. Firstly, I take it as pointed at me. Secondly, I have never said I am made to change my opinion. Thirdly, just because I disagree with Vavra, doesn’t mean I don’t read each article written by him. Probably shouldn’t have posted in the first place:-(