Some Alpha Sights

I’m back in after having a login issue following clearing my cookies. Weird.

Got the alpha working, and it crashed on me once in the first few minutes but since then I’ve been switching between it and other windows, and it’s staying up. I’ve got it working on 1920x1080, full-screen, very high graphics quality, and though I think my FPS is not very high, everything seems to be running well.

I’m exploring, taking a look at various details, and here are some sights I’ve come across so far.

Starting point:

An example of the farming:

Part of the very basic dialogue early on. I like the font used. I also tried speaking to a woman who was off to the left, but the camera did not focus well on either my character or her. Amusing:

Beehives!

The fire animation looks good, and I see a deadly chicken:

Nice detail on the water and mud, and there are more chickens stalking me:

I followed the stream and found a “natural boundary” here:

Rippling water details after moving in the pond (I also like the detail on the spot where the water flows beneath the bridge):

More detail of mud, with an axe and other bits and pieces:

I watched the woman go through a sweeping routine from the right side toward the left, then she walked over to put the broom down, pick up a plate from the table, and go back to the stairs (though the plate disappeared before she opened the door):

So far, so good!

Am I testing the alpha right?

Also, skill due to being otherworldly creature.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this will be fixed!

How the inventory screen looks:

Night has set in, and it is dark! (No brightness settings yet)

Indoors:

Cooking area, including a visual effect from the heat:

Stirring an invisible pot!

And a few more before bed and a trip out of town tomorrow. Will have to try things with the bow and such later.

This looks like it will be a familiar place:

At least I know where this is:

I think the guy on the right is a little shy (or just positioned funny):

Off to the airport soon, but first…

The snotty smithy at work (though repeats of him hammering the sword ended up with him doing it out of position - no wonder Henry doesn’t like the bloke):

The flute theft quest:

There’s that bad smithy, being…bad:

Flute quest portion:

I watched her glide along the ground while stirring her invisible pot. I think there was a mixup of combining two different “jobs” to result in this, with positioning messed up:

I also found the shepherd, but it got dark before I could start looking for the sheep.

Where do you find the extra arrows?

Haven’t got that far yet, but I think someone said you can keep betting and scoring well.

If the bowmaster hasn’t given you a bow yet, you have to keep betting to get ten a time (bet minimum is ten coins). If he already gave you the bow, score a 28 with x amount of arrows (x being however many you want out of 30) from between the posts like a normal match then talk to the bowmaster again. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch but I’m assuming you can get infinite arrows with this process.

This game’s graphics are absolutely amazing.

Man or chicken, you decide:

It’s El Pollo Diablo:

Who is this guy standing far away in the distance behind the west edge of the map?

Some of my shots. Apologies for trying to get rid of the UI fast and rather furious. 1680x1050 mainly High / occasionaly Very High settings. Saved for web to spare some bandwidth. :smile:

judging by attire, might be a priest? part of the joke about the monastery being too far away?

1 Like