Some questions for warhorse

@warhorse:

First i know it’s probably a bad time for asking you some questions after your celebration of reaching 1.1M GBP :wink:

But nevertheless, here are some questions that are going to my head and i was not able to ask in the live stream because there was no chat for me visible in germany. I hope everything is understandable, i’m no english native speaker.

• Is it possible to install the game on windows and linux(at the same time) on the same pc with 1 license? I would like to test it with linux but don’t want to use my second license for it.

• Will there be any limitations on a specific linux distribution?

• You planned/hoped to distribute the game via steam. Is it possible to use one of my licenses (digital/physical) to integrate the game in my steam game list? So that the game/patches can be downloaded via steam in the future?

• If yes, you said you want to support the mod community, does that include steam workshop?

• You shared or will share your technology with Star Citizen, are there any specific technologys you are getting in return?

• For example, are you supporting amd’s mantle? Other technology’s like amd’s true audio or nvidea’s physx(gpu/cpu)?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

1 Like

I hope it will work as many games on steam that have win and Linux versions. But I also want to be able to run in a very low spec mac air (not as the witchers games).

From https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13577-Kickstarter-Kingdom-Come-Deliverance (it’s also quoted in Kickstarter Update #18).

[quote]We will be sharing with them the tricks for working with CryEngine we’ve learned over the last 18 months and they will be letting us in on the secrets and the tech behind what they’re doing! I’ve always said that independent developers should stick together, and the potential good for both games that can come from this unofficial partnership is proof positive!”[/quote] So no specifics yet, but I’m sure it will be of benefit.

Would also like to know this. :thumbsup:

New week, new chance for some answers? :kissing_smiling_eyes: :wink:

License

I think, I read somewhere a statement (of Warhorse) which basically said that you have 1 license (= 1 digital + 1 physical copy) and you have to choose for which system you want to use it. You can’t have, for instance, digital copy on :computer: PC and physical copy on :meat_on_bone: Xbone.

Steam (DRM)

That’s what is stated in the faq on the KS project site.

[quote]This depends on your Tier (and we apologize it is not clearer in the tier description):

On Baron and Earl tier you only receive one license (i.e. you can play either one, but you cannot for example sell the box and keep the digital copy). Obviously, both physical and digital license have to be on the same platform.

From Duke tier upwards you receive additional digital copy, meaning extra digital license. The physical and ‘first’ digital copy again have to be for the same platform, but the extra license can be for a different one.

To sum it up:

Soldier: 1 license, digital copy (Win/Mac/Linux/Xbox/PS4) OR physical copy (Win/Mac/Linux)
Knight: 1 license, digital copy (Win/Mac/Linux/Xbox/PS4) OR physical copy (Win/Mac/Linux)
Baron: Win/Mac/Linux/Xbox/PS4, 1 license, digital AND physical
Earl: Win/Mac/Linux/Xbox/PS4, 1 license, digital AND physical
Duke: Win/Mac/Linux/Xbox/PS4, 2 licenses, digital AND physical
… all higher tiers are like Duke in this respect[/quote]

So it’s this part that is interesting me:

Does this “same platform” mean i must use license 1 for pc#1 and os#1(first install of game) or can i use it for pc#1 and os#1 and os#2. Or with other words, has license 1 for example a activation limit that it allowes me to use license #1 on one and the same pc with win and linux os installed at the same time and i can use license #2 for pc#2

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand my point of interest. This is no “please drm free” question.

push

@TobiTobsen
Now that you are here as our tireless “answering machine” :wink: i hope that you can maybe answer some of the questions?

PS: Morgen frei oder Arbeiten angesagt? :wink:

I will try to… just pass them over! Und arbeiten :frowning: in Tschechien ist morgen kein Feiertag! :slight_smile: Aber dafür der 28. Okt… langes Wochenende… yeeeah! :slight_smile:

1 Like