Sticks and Stones break my Bones (Health System)

(Sorry if the title is misleading)
Hello everyone,

I made this Topic to discuss the health system a little.

This game has a very good and new combat system but if you have a good combat system you also need a good health system. Now my question is: What does a good health system need so it is realistic and fun?

In the Videos I’ve seen that your stamina is reduced after getting hit (not sure if correct) which is good, but are there going to be different types of wounds, which are caused by different types of weapons and need different curing. There’s going to be Alchemy so, you could make a powder that helps you curing your wounds.

Another thing that would be great would be if the characters had Skeleton. So you could break someone’s bones and they would have to go to a doctor/barber to get their bones fixed and sleep it off.

Also, if you get wounded you have to sleep it off and if cured by powder it will take longer or lesser time untl you’re fit.

A few ideas for a health system. If you have anything in mind post it and let’s discuss it.

Sounds good (for hardcore mode), but i can imagine it would get very annoying very soon. And besides that it’s too much, this is not gonna happen. Devs don’t have infinite amount of time and resources to make every idea real.

Oh well, but I still wounder what Alchemy will be used for besides posion. :smiley:

well to answer the question about alchemy, there were tons of plants that acted as coagulants, which would be easy to translate into a health system. assuming no damage is done to the organs, the second biggest issue with being cut is how much you bleed, as well as decreased mobility. so they could have a system where cutting weapons cause some sort of bleeding damage proportionate to the size of the inflicted wound. so a small cut wouldnt do much damage and would have verry little bleeding damage, but a major hit would cause a lot of damage and you would bleed out much faster

Cool idea, swords could make a bleeding effect, maces could break bones. You could also have poison. And if you don’t cure the condition it will only get worse and worse with time so you’re loosing hp very fast?:slight_smile: Once again I say look to S.T.A.L.K.E.R, in those you could have bleeding (cured by applying bandages) and radiation poisoning (cured by taking special drugs).

Sounds good, that it’ll get worse and worse and alchemy would have a big deal in the game as it would be needed for survival.

@camshron Would be hard to make such Thing, different wound sizes, but I like the idea about decreased mobility. Organs are probably not going to be implementet as it would be too hardcore.

i was thinking something along the lines of if you have 100 hitpoints or whatever, and get hit for five then you would bleed less than if you got hit for forty, would be a good way to add a little realism to the old standard for RPGs. maybe add the possibility for infections on smaller, non life threatening cuts

@camshron Would be cool, but would make the game complexer, don’t know if Warhorse wants that. :smiley: