Strategy guide goal?

I was thinking, as a kick starter, use a strategy guide. Maybe a paper back, maybe a interactive. Not a bad thing to have, when playing open world games. Gives player direction, lore and insight to what to expect.

1 Like

Who wants to know what to expect?

1 Like

I’d rather find out as I go, not know ahead of time what to expect with anything. The days of getting a game and playing it sight unseen with no idea what’s coming are getting older and older the more brand new games drop with a full strategy guide already for sale that includes all the ways to beat the bosses, where to find all the secrets, etc.

Might as well just buy the guide and not even play the game, since they’ve already done it for you. There’s no joy or wonder in simply exploring for yourself and being surprised.

I know, I know. Some people only use a guide when they’re stuck. Admittedly, I’ve done the same thing with a few games, but the temptation to read ahead is always there.

It’s like a law. You must know the rules, in order to fall them. Player cannot be expected, to jump into a game, knowing what to do. I mean I started playing game, at the age of 2 and 3 years old. I had no idea, what was going on. Those games were a ton of fun, but also thinking about it, those game were also simple. Complex games I am playing these day, granted I know what to do. For the new comers, I fear they will be overwhelmed.

I understood 0% of that. Their may be a language gap…

You know, looking back I agree… I believe that was, wasted and half insane me, that last post. I corrected myself I hope…