Suggestions, In Game Content

I thought he was supporting Wenceslaus…

That gentleman is responsible for his village being raided and parents murdered. So my guess is no.

I thought Sigismund was the goody, oh well.

Where can I read up on the back story? Why was his village raided?

Well, i would put it this way - Sigismund wasn’t evil. He was a better ruler than his lazy brother. Sadly he toke some nasty actions to get his ass on the throne.

We don’t know yet why was his village raided, but i think it could be simply random event. That stuff happened all the time in times of war.

Sigismund actually was evil, but that didn’t transpire until the Crusades against Hussites two decades later. The horrors his armies brought upon the civilian population were unprecedented (at least in the area).

Here is some nice introduction to the crusades against the Hussites: http://books.google.cz/books?id=J6v9jhUd-r8C&lpg=PA586&dq=hussites&pg=PA586#v=onepage&q=hussites&f=false

Scandinavia anyone? I for one would like to kill a Jarl.

Reading his wikipedia page he seems like a really decent guy until going after the Hussites. That said his tactics don’t seem that out of the ordinary.

As I said, they were completely out of the ordinary in the area.

Moreover, his failure to keep the word - promise of safety - to Hus was what started the whole revolt in the first place.

Bodies typically disappear in games to reserve memory usage. I prefer when bodies stick around as it adds to the immersion of the game but I understand it can be a burden on the computer when there are other physics algorithms at play. When they disappear, however, everything feels “off” to me. When nearing the end of a battle in Mount & Blade or a strategy game like the Total War series, I like to look back across the battle field to see how it progressed based on the corpses. Morbid, I know.

I do the same thankfully with many gbs of ram i can see up to about 100 corpse littering the ground in mb

1 Like

most games turn the bodies into non physical objects a few seconds after they hit the ground. i think it’s also possible to turn them into phantoms, where at a certain distance, they become rigid, then once in a certain range of the player, their physical properties are enabled again(usually you can see this because their bodies jerk a little when you get in range).

they can also adjust physical complexity of corpses. so they may switch to a simpler physical model after awhile.

also, good lod switching, and nicely optimized lod models can help you put a lot of bodies on screen at a time. most games actually don’t do this well because they usually don’t have many characters on screen at a time.