Suggestions, In Game Content

Given that the world is big enough could you Add camping into the game so when traveling place to place you can set up camp with a mat to sleep to fast forward the game time like you would in skyrim when you would wait or sleep you pick a time of day to end the wait, hunt for food and build a Camp fire to cook the food you can have the horse carry things like sleeping mat and if you are with a group you can order them to set up for camp.

on the live stream it didn’t look like the tall grass moved when the horse/guy was walking through i’m sure that will be added but just thought i would say something just in case.

i would love it if the game had an arena or fighting ground maybe even if it was just among soldiers that would fight it out or practice fight with each other and make bets or earn respect from others if things like this was added it would make the game so much better

will we be able to command small groups of men in battle or suggest an action like a night attack rather than a head on attack or maybe have them set up for an ambush,

will the game change based off of all the choices made i would like to see alternate endings depending on your actions maybe your character will become famous or infamous depending on if you i don’t know took the easy way out and turned a blind eye to someone causing trouble or maybe even if you helped them cause the trouble or if you intervened and helped the innocent and killed or scared off the ones causing problems

Just a few things i would like to see in the game anyone else have any ideas or what you think about these?

Camping, arenas and command has already been discussed in several topics, and here is a summarized conclusion:

Camping has not really been directly addressed by the team, but is regarded as a cool addition to the game, due to the focus on realistic bio-rhythms, but is ultimately tied to map- and time-scale.

Arena: Tournament mode was specifically one of the stretch goals on the kickstarter.

Command: No. Warhorse has repeatedly stated, that you are not going to issue orders to other NPC’s, since it is not your role in the story. Henry is a lowly soldier, not a general. You will be able to get a dog, though. Sometimes you may be lucky enough to enter combat with a couple of mates, but they wont be Skyrim-styled followers, or M&B-esque soldiers.

In this video Viktor talks about a siege scenario, where you are able to influence the strategy.

I don’t know how much impact you’ll have on the story, since it is a historical game. but they definitely aim to make the world recognize you. They talked about how NPCs react towards you on the stream. You’ll find it easier to threaten someone if you’re wearing a full set of plate armor, and citizens may call the guards if you’re going around town with a drawn sword for example.

With regards to moving grass: don’t worry about all the polish. When making a pizza, you don’t start with the toppings.

3 Likes

So you played The Forest and like the idea of camping, that’s nice, but you will not see it there.

1 Like

Thank you @Anzious for letting me know these things

@Dekssan sorry but i have never played forest and know nothing about it but i just wanted to see about camping being put in because i think that is something that has never been done in open world games and would like to see it in this game and make it that much more realistic.

1 Like

Are u adding other countries in the game such as England, France, Spain, and Vikings? In the game can u move to different countries?? Can’t wait for it to come out?

The Kingdom of Vikings… that’s a new one.
To answer your question: Probably not. But Act 2 is going to take place in Vienna (Austria).

What country is “Vikings”? Vikings existed from 8th to 11th century so … you are a bit late mate. I would recommend you to actually read something about this game, you are totally out of a picture what KCD is.

The Vienna placing is already for sure?

No, he just make it up.

Besides which, Viking was a PROFESSION, not a nationality or culture.

Hello,

today I watched the video updates about the game (…again), and this issue just came into my mind. It is absolutely a minor thing, doesn’t need to grab much attention (or any), yet I am curious, since you guys stated several times that you prefer realism as much as possible.
Now, I am not a doctor, but as far as I know, the human body can bear horrendous wounds, and be able - for a timespan - to keep a degree of functionality. Every fencing school which works with renaissance techniques also teaches that a fencer’s work in theory is not done in the moment he hits, stabs or mortally wounds his (or her) enemy, as the enemy might be dying, but at that point is still alive and might be able to counter-attack, so better be extremely careful. To instantly kill someone with a blade is actually pretty difficult even without armor. Therefore battlefields were probably pretty gruesome sights, full with dying men and horses, crawling, crying, begging for water and help, or choking on their own blood.
So far, I did not see much of these in any game, if I remember correctly. When the HP dropped below zero, so did the guy. Well, maybe Rome 2 did some animations for the dying.
I do wonder if KCD will address the issue with a more realistic touch, or is this too much for a game / too much effort for too little income?
(Also, I am not a sadistic person, my heart is broken every time one of my goldfishes die, my curiosity is solely based on the realistic approach. :smiley: )

I just realized, that another topic is that what happens after the battle or siege? Do bodies magically disappear? Or this might not even be an issue, if the great battle is the finale of the Act. Again, I absolutely do not mind either solution, in case the other would require too much work, and therefore would weaken the other aspects of the game.
You probably don’t care too much about the age rating of the game, looking at the blood already implemented. :smiley:

1 Like

About disappearing bodies … i just imagine an realistic aproach there too. Cart with two men, walking around the whole town and close countryside, picking up bodies.

1 Like

Actually we didn’t announce any place for Act 2 so far, I wonder where you got that information from. In order to stop any upcoming confusion or assumption … just enjoy the surprise… or wait for an official statement :slight_smile:

Prague seems like a more likely spot. But really I think we need to read up on the succession crisis in Bohemia around 1400 and the Hussite wars to get an image of what to expect.

EDIT: I believe everything happens in Bohemia, it’s rather big after all

1 Like

Another thing i would like to see is some disarming and some melee combat where you can dis arm or take their weapon and use as your own kinda like in assassins creed maybe make the unarmed able to dodge the attackers attacks as there way of defending and maybe a counter attack something like and elbow to the face because soldiers were not just trained in armed combat but also unarmed in case their enemy disarmed them they would still have a chance maybe if you get disarmed you can fight and dodge while trying to get to your weapon that’s laying into the ground idk just throwing things out there i plan to be some what of an assassin in the game so i want to be able to do some unarmed kills and some sneak attacks or quick knock outs were you don’t want to kill the target, my weapon of choice will be bow an arrow a dagger and a short sword and would like the choich of not having to kill my opponent if i wanted to knock him out with the last blow maybe with the hilt of my blade or a punch or choke out who knows i like having options :slight_smile:

When you say it’s quite big, please keep in mind that largest of the Czech Crown Lands in 1400 was Silesia. The Czech/Bohemian Kingdom is not synonymous for Bohemia proper, which is only a part of it (quite substantial, nevertheless).

Also, I believe that Hussite Wars will be in KCD2, not in any of the 3 acts of the currently prepared game. I understand this as Vávra’s testing ground. If this is successful, he shall have enough money/investors to have the masterpiece about Hussite Wars by 2020-21 (taking the picture of KCD staff under Jan Žižka’s statutue in front of the memorial to Czech soldiers fallen in armed conflicts that took place since 1914 is quite telling). Quite frankly, I would pledge towards KCD2: Hussite Wars already now.

That should also satisfy all those pledgers looking forward to crusaders mod, although they probably don’t have the crusades against Czechs in mind.

But how does Vienna factor into your story?

Well I would say that Vienna was quite a provincial town compared to Prague at the time (correct me if I am wrong, but wasn’t even Salzburg more wealthy, and from the perspective of the church also more important with Legatus Natus?). Having said that, I admit that Wenzel was held in Vienna, so it is a plausible place for one of the acts.

Henry is on the sigismund side right?