The names on the in-game calvary memorials

Should we not make some rules for the names on the in-game calvary memorials?

I suggest this to avoid seeing plinth inscriptions including names such as DaBozz87 (worst case scenario) in the final game. So why not set up some rules for all kings and above? For example a rule could be, that all names should be your surname in latin? And so on…

So let us make some rules, and all change our in-game names, so they are presentable in the realistic world of Kingdom Come!

What do you say @warhorse and fellow community?

I would be surprised if this wasn’t already a basic rule.

I think it’s a safe bet there will not be usernames on these things.

Please do not pay the funny username, I mention in the text, so much attention. It was meant as a worst scenario joke!

Pay insteed attention to the fact, that no guidelines are given to the in-game names, and that we are a large group of backers with very different names, because we come from different countries. So I was hoping for some guidelines from @warhorse to avoid seeing too different names in the final game.

For example I have a Danish name, which I would love to have on an in-game calvary memorial, but it would look funny next to a chinese one, and so on. That is why, I suggested, that we should make some rules for all kings and above. For example should the names be our full name or only our surname or our first name and surname? Should our names be in our native toung or in latin or english? And so on…

These are some of the main questions of this topic. So what do you think?

Sir Maximus butthurtus of the noble house Wankii

Yeah that could work :smile:

The more serious answer to the more serious question, right now, is I don’t really know what the best way is to handle this. I get the point of trying to use a naming system that would fit the setting.

Maybe coming across a marker that has “Paul Jones” on it would be odd, but it’s still something that was agreed to be put in the game for those who selected a level that would have it. I’m sure they’re going to want to be able to find their own marker and maybe take a screenshot of it.

Haven’t really thought about how much sense the names would make or not. I don’t think it’s a big deal, personally.

1 Like

I think that you should be able to have your own name on the monument in your own language. As Flashfire mentioned, it was something that was agreed to be put in game according to the description in the backing tier.

in our own language? where, pray tell, was that specified? do you honestly think having kanji characters would be a smart idea, friend?

Who said something about Kanji? Who said something about character? I guess you misinterpret what has been said.

What @Faccia67 meant was to have the name like Carlos Acosta on the monument, instead of translating it into Karl Küste.

1 Like