The Nose in FOV

Continued from:
The Sight in the Game
See Helmets in 1st-Person View
Will Helmets Obscure Vision?
Vision Restrictions When Wearing a Helmet
(Other?)

Well, since you’re aiming at realism: as you all know, in reality your nose :nose: is always in your peripheral field of vision.

1 Like

but what if they will add possibility to create your own look of Henry, and accidentally you make large nose??

1 Like

The look for Henry is set from the beginning of the game. You have a point that playing as a jew could be interesting though.

1 Like

Yes but your brain automatically ignores your nose visually. Granted the only time you even see your nose is when you look down or from left to right, but since where always looking straight and moving are entire head not are eyes, seeing are nose would just be a annoyances

no i see my nose right now…

Wrong. It’s a game. Many concessions are given to fun and ease of use over realism. It is a realistic over fantasy setting. It is not a simulator.

Agreed daaubrey, you’re nose is always visible and granted if you make the conscious choice to look at it you’ll see it, it’s always in you field of vision. but as daaubrey has pointed out your brain chooses to ignore it.
Think of it like breathing in and out, you’re not normally aware that it’s happening unless you start to think about it, not exactly the same thing but the best analogy I can think of at the moment.
Also I think it would be a tad annoying constantly looking at you nose while in game.
Head gear obstructing you’re vision would be different though and could make and interesting addition, affecting your choice of helmet type.

1 Like

Well, a nose in the vison would be a trick against motion sickness in VR.

No VR, no need for a nose.
Just my 2 cent…

1 Like