Third person would be great for Kingdom Come!

Like, seriously dude, yeah like headache when I had to much to drink like the night before.

Feeling like a broken record here, it could be the crappy framerate, or I don’t what, because I use TrackIR in combat flight sims and other games and that type of extreme motion does not affect me. For KCD it’s all about the FPV game image jerking around when your body doesn’t feel motion input at all, and worse you aren’t providing input even with a mouse (horseback and image bobbing), so the disconnect between the senses/input is the source. I don’t get motion sick on a boat, never have even in bad weather on North Atlantic.

Remember the movie ‘Blair Witch Project’ filmed entirely with FPV handheld? Google Blair Witch Project motion sickness, so yes, seriously lots of people get sick from this disconnect.

I will play in 1st but could imagine to try a 3rd if existed. But lets speak frankly folks, no one has ever said that even if there is only a 1st view in Act1 that there will never be a 3rd in another Act (as long there will come another act). So there is allways some space to hope for an add later when the game overachieves.

2 Likes

Nope, 3rd person wouldn’t be great for KCD! Practically, it will ruin the immersion.

1 Like

This is just your personal opinion though. Having an OPTION for first or third person doesn’t hurt anyone. It makes everyone happy.

This is a SINGLE PLAYER game. So why the fuck do you care if someone else will enjoy it more in third person? Play your first, I play my third, and everyone is happy.

Dan has said in the past that the TIME, EFFORT, AND MONEY to implement third person would NOT take away from any degree of first person implementation. So there is literally NO REASON to argue against third person. None whatsoever.

1 Like

third person will not be good because this is the first game that involved first person and sword, all the other first person games are in the shooter genre. if they will make this game a third person game then a lot will be ruined.

They wouldn’t make it a third person game.

They would allow the OPTION to SWITCH between first and third. This is what I personally like to do. I play fallout first person about 75% of the time. But I switch to third person often. It does not impact my immersion or any of the like.

3 Likes

I also think 3rd person should be added as an option, I prefer to see my character, I just think that having the option like many other games would increase the interest in the game to those who shy away from 1st person games. I also disagree with any statement the says the combat would be harder, it’s the same, just 3rd person, the mechanics wont change at all and so I would highly recommend implementing it.

1 Like

3rd person option would be awesome cause then players can toggle between 1st person and 3rd person i myself like to see the character that i created and the armor hes wearing so ye would be great to have a 3rd person option

1 Like

The Character is not user created it is predefined. You can see your clothing in cut scenes and in dialogues which occur often.

and also in inventory

2 Likes

I assume console commands will be available? Detaching the camera from yourself using a console command is common in RPGs. That could work if you want to see yourself, or take a screen shot.

Maybe there is a mirror in a noble mans home. So the dressmans chould look at them self when they visit this home.

I think that is not a pretty sight, because the first flat mirror Originated about 1516. Before that there was Half glass beads which the mirror image heavily distorted

1 Like

I never use third person view. However, more options always makes a better game.

1 Like

What? No Polished silver or steel? These make decent mirrors today, not sure why they wouldn’t work 600 years ago.

Think about the soot from the fires indoors all the time, not saying its impossible but the upkeep would have probably made it less common.

There is also the factor of many modern polishing techniques use acid based chemicals that may not have been known or available commonly at the time.

Damn now ill be spending six hours reading about the history of mirrors.

3 Likes

Deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole we go!!!

Today, what started with a quick Google on the famous knight Sir William Marshal, ended up with me contemplating the linguistic variations between known Old-English dialects.

I’m now onto Quenching, Tempering, and the Tempering colours of steel :smile:

1 Like

not the point i want to see the character regardless i want 3rd person

You can. No TPV the decision has been made already.

i really dislike it when mods change the balance of the game and such stuff. The only Mod id get would be more sword and shield variants. Little things you know wont generate problems or bugs.