Third person would be great for Kingdom Come!

Well actually. The only instance where there is used TPV is in beta trailer when you ca nse back of the character with changing weapons.
There is no TPV in kickstarter video.

I think the subject was discussed many times, bottom line is that decision went the other way and I think that even if we wanted to make TPV into usable and reliable feature, it would take too much time. Because even though we have TPV for debugging its no where near to something that you would want to use in a game.

This is the most important part, TPV was never apart of the Original vision.

The whole sales argument has no basis when the game was successfully funded with original vision of FPV only.

I put up money before I knew it was first person only. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one.

I donā€™t mind first person games. Far Cry, even Deus Ex is mostly first person.

But those games, you donā€™t alter your appearance. Also, those are shooters, cover based shooters. Something like swords, etc.,where itā€™s not a cover based game, I like to have a greater understanding of my surroundings, since first person cannot demonstrate peripheral vision.

All this talk of their ā€œvisionā€ is kind of bogus because it was obviously something they were willing and ready to implement, and Dan said implementing it wouldnā€™t take away time or resources from ā€œfullyā€ implementing the first person side. It really comes down to a bunch of whiny ass bitches who ruined it for everyone else, because they couldnā€™t accept that someone else would want to use a different camera in a SINGLE PLAYER fucking game, where options should be king.

So quite frankly, I think those in favor of third person should keep banging the drum to make sure itā€™s in following Acts, because itā€™s absolute bullshit that itā€™s not. And maybe hopefully itā€™s something that can be implemented for Act 1 since they pushed release back to 2017. Thereā€™s always a chance.

Youā€™d think someone would be like, ā€œHey, weā€™re not rockstar, weā€™re not ubisoft, maybe itā€™s in our best interest to appeal to the largest pool of gamers possible, since weā€™re already a niche game in the first place.ā€ Just saying.

It is no oneā€™s responsibility nor fualt but your own that you spent money before educating yourself in what you were purchasing/supporting.

This statement was made before the first release date push, many issues with development have arisen since then with features that were planned since day one.

The true ā€œwhiney bitchesā€ are those that keep beating a dead horse. The decision has been made, deal with it like the rest of us have and move on.

Thereā€™s more important issues to focus on then a feature that was never planned.

1 Like

This.

Flogging a dead horse is right. Maybe we should just close down this thread, coz the more itā€™s spoken about, the more frustrating it seems to becomeā€¦ People need to realise that the decisions has been made, and no amount of whinging or whining on here is seemingly going to change that sigh

2 Likes

If every one of us was asking for it, Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™d change it.

But weā€™re notā€¦ I do want a free camera mode via console commands however.

IGN-PC: Why have you chosen to present the game in a strictly third-person view?

Daniel VƔvra (@Hellboy) :

A lot of people are afraid about that, because the games they have played from a 3rd-person view were ugly, characters had strange animations, or controls were uncomfortable. The creation of a good game from 1st-person is much easier, because you only have to model the weapons. There are [only a] few animations and few problems with synchronization of movement and animations. You just copy Quake. But what I am missing in 1st-person games is the lead hero. You canā€™t see him, you canā€™t feel that you are him* and you canā€™t watch all the actions that he performs. Finally, all the 1st-person games look exactly the same.

We will use 1st-person controls in a 3rd-person view, with motion-captured animations and it seems that it will work well. If not, we will think about something else.

No link to source?

Mafia, 20 Mar 2001

So what relevance does an exerpt from an article from 2001 for Mafia have with KC:D?

2 Likes

There is no connection except that Daniel work on booth games :smile: but thats like comparing apples with Bred.

2 Likes

No, I disagree mateā€¦ I personally feel as though weā€™ve made it really quite clear that for the vast majority, the notion of allowing TPV was acceptable. And thatā€™s made zero difference to the outcome.

Iā€™m definitely an advocate as you can see from my comments below. But @McWonderBeast and I (along with many others) clearly just feel as though weā€™re now flogging a dead horse.

The initial Poll was poorly worded and left the outcome quite ambiguous. Regardless of that however, if you look at the results, the majority of voters either supported, or were not directly against having TPV as an option. Even with that, the decision has seemingly been made.

If they really wanted to get a definitive and final community response then theyā€™d go back to the polls. But this time word it so that there is very little ambiguity.

Q: Would you support the notion of KC:D having a Third Person View camera option available?
1.) Yes
2.) No

But I doubt weā€™ll see it in Act 1ā€¦ unlessā€¦ mods.

1 Like

What are you disagreeing with me on? I said if most of us wanted it, theyā€™d change it, then I said most of us arenā€™t in favor of it. Whereā€™s the disagreement?

I know what you saidā€¦ and this is what I disagree with you on

The point being that itā€™s already been asked for, and WH have stated that the decision has been made.

You really think if the entire fanbase wanted a feature they wouldnā€™t add it?0_o

The ENTIRE fanbase, as I said?

Would you support the notion of KC:D having a Third Person View camera option available?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I do not believe this will change anything for act one, do not get your hopes up folks.

2 Likes

Whilst I would theoretically support an optional third-person view - if the devs could solve all the associated issues, like how to balance 3PV with 1PV gameplay - itā€™s pretty clear that itā€™s not going to be in the base game at this point. The game is already behind schedule, and Iā€™m sure the devs have plenty of other things to work on which are far more critical. Perhaps it might be added later in a content patch, if thereā€™s enough demand for it, and if the devs have time? Or in the next installment of the series (assuming the first game is successful)?

1 Like

All weā€™re doing here is theoretical :smile:

And I think most of us realise that TPV is not going to be a base feature of Act 1.

4 Likes

Someone told me there will be a TPV, but only when you type in a secret command consisting of 1.254.471 code! Truly!!! :wink:

1 Like

"Thereā€™s also the potential for virtual reality, as CryEngine supports it and Warhorse, the developer, has an Oculus Rift dev kit. But the tricky issue of motion sickness will need solving first. ā€˜We are going to support it,ā€™ VĆ”vra says. 'What I donā€™t know yet is how much work itā€™s going to be or if itā€™s even possible to avoid the motion sickness with the type of game we are making. With, for example, horse riding in first-person, it could cause motion sickness now even without the VR!ā€™ VĆ”vra says he suffers motion sickness from VR so itā€™s something heā€™s sensitive to."

Youā€™d think @hellboy had some pull within WH and can make third person happen :slight_smile:

I only care about his motion sickness :blush: