To be promoted and become lord

When you fight as a commoner on the battlefield, you will fight under the command of your lord, and not for yourself. If you were exspecially brave, who would get the appreciation? You as a commoner, or your lord, as he choose the right man and trained them well to fight? It was nearly impossible to get higher in society during this time. It was easier in other places like england, where the army was build up upon common archers and not archers, where the cleavage in society was not so strict and the church does not had so much power. But even there it was pretty hard, and the game takes place in bohemia 1403, in the holy roman empire under a King named Wenceslaus IV the lazy. He would not care!
“This guy saved my kingdom? Yeah, what ever, don´t bother me with this boring stuff, bring me wine and girls!”

7 Likes

You also have to take into account that Warhorse is recreating a real world place during an actual time in history. Not a fictional fantasy realm. They are painstaking recreating the historical castles, settlements, landscape, and the ruling people that actually existed (see their videos where they visit the real world counterparts). Allowing the player character to start up a settlement, gain a high position of power and build their own castle would not be true to the goal of Warhorse.

As I understand it Kingdom Come is going to be a trilogy. It has a set story. So the player character potentially or potentially not coming into power or ownership of a castle may interfere with the flow of the plot-line. This is also why you cannot choose to play as a female character.

4 Likes

it doesn’t have to be with the campaign it can be another mod like the triology is the campaign then they have online then they have a mode where you are lord and u start with nothing and have to build settlements and castles ion your land to raise a army

1 Like

Maybe as a mod, but it’s not going to happen in the main game, I’m afraid. As others have said, it was almost unheard of for a peasant to become a lord in this time period - it wasn’t just a question of being wealthy or successful in battle. Also, this isn’t the kind of game where you rule over territory or command armies of your own - you will fight in large battles, but only as a foot-soldier. As for online gaming, there’s no multiplayer mode in the first game at least (though it may be in future installments of the trilogy, if this one is successful.)

4 Likes

Helena is right. As a fan made mod it could very easily happen. I am sure there are users who would be willing to make it. As a cannon feature of the main game however it just is not going to happen.

3 Likes

If I would be this king, I’d choose one of my countless vassals, ministerials, servants, noblemen to deal with those physical problems, depending of the task, of my favor and of the result. No need for extra people wanting power and money.

1 Like

It would be pretty badass to become a Lord​:joy::joy:…but the game focuses on realism and I fully accept that (although maybe with modding)…i can’t wait till the 13th February when it’s released…the waiting is killing me…I’ve been following the games development for years and it just keeps getting better

1 Like

Modders for your service. :wink:

P.S Wow, i remember this thread 2 year ago, ha-ha. Bring back dinosaur.

Or maybe Warhorse studios should have created 1000 different versions of the game, like historical, fantasy, western, zombie, robots, etc. to fulfill everyone’s wild imaginaton . The game in all it’s versions, would only take like 5000 years to make. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

tumblr_orcq6mCaPw1s05hv8o5_500

They just want to have a golden grave, when they’re would die as a king. :wink:

1 Like

Come on kingdom come: robot dinosaurs :joy:

1 Like

Tsh-h-h-h, don’t give ideas for modders. :wink:

1 Like

I wish I could mod…:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

But I’d probably go way to far and ruin games for myself :joy::joy:

1 Like

Idk, i want only a few things to be modded.Like this German halberd from 16th century.

Or this sallet

1 Like

I Bet there’s gonna be a game of thrones mod​:joy::joy: well… I hope there is going to be one anyway :joy:

Idk, but it’s gonna ruin everything, tbh. Only weapons and armour maybe will be fine. But, they’re looking not like from the early 15th century. There’re lots of beautiful things came after the mids of 15th century, but they’re later. I won’t see my beloved gothic armour. :sob:

Sallets are a little late I think… which is disappointing as think they look pretty cool but…who knows maybe Henry meets a time traveler​:joy::joy:

Who knows… Time traveler with this thing. Just R.I.P cumans. :sweat_smile:

I’m certain that there will be many mods coming from the modding community. Patience is a virtue!

puzzle-juni-2016