Warhorse's treatment of early backers

This entire topic is unnecessary!

2 Likes

So you want a key for GoG? Could be ‘fair’ I guess.

You know you have to wait till the end of the month to actually play the game right?
The gog game launches later then the other versions/platforms.
And before you start, it might not have Warhorse’s fault for this delay. And they couldnt have bothered to release on gog at all.

And I think you are stepping way out of line. Because you have backed a project 4 years ago, that could have easily been cancelled, and now you are upset because its not on the release platform you want. But actually is the platform you want, since its Windows PC. You start ranting on the forums?

7 Likes

I’m aware that it is my fault that I supported them early on. I knew that the version I agreed to buy was the Steam one. I also agree that it is Warhorse’s right to not offer changes to already finalized contracts. But that doesn’t mean that it’s the right thing for them to do. I mean, what are we to conclude from this? That supporting a project early in development is a bad idea because the developer won’t appreciate it? As far as I’ve heard, the publisher and/or developer of a game receives a handful of keys with which they can do what they want (counts for both Steam and GoG). But maybe not. I don’t know. And they are definitely not giving any information on this. Will KC:D come out for GoG Connect? Are they considering it? Why is it not possible to just hand out a GoG key instead of a Steam key? These are questions that Warhorse could at least try to answer but instead it’s just some community manager who says “no, not possible, we’re not making changes to how we organize our distribution that late in the development process”. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a little more clarification.

It seems more that you are still blaming them - in terms of commenting that its your fault for supporting them early.

Thats a statement that seems more like your blaming the company. Likewise the distribution I believe is generally handled by the publisher.

I genuinely mean that it’s my fault. Im unhappy with the situation and this is my fault due to choosing to act as I did.

So then why are you yelling at warhorse studios?

10 characters, cus this’s just a swamp in the mind of this guy.
CKo7mXLUMAALiJG

1 Like

I’m in such a misery now. Bought it also on GoG and now I have to decide playing GoG version or STEAM version. :scream:
Just to support warhorse again a little.

As bakers we could have lost all the money if they didn’t make it.
In my opinion this it really a marginal reason for complaining since you get the game if you do not get a refund.
Your complainment would have more reason if you backed for a linux version.

2 Likes

gog is a meme. overrated and pointless

1 Like

So its the end of the world because you have it for steam? I’m still confused after reading the forum.

You’re whiny, entitled, and overall unpleasant.

4 Likes

Ha-ha. :relieved:
10 characters.

2 Likes

Once I heard as a kid about the parable of God and his vineyard. The workers agreed upon a price for their work and were happy with it, but turned unhappy when they saw that the others basically got more for the same work.
As a kid I didn’t understand why that was ok, because it seemed clearly unfair.
But it is actually about comparison and satisfaction. They were happy when they agreed on the price before and didn’t negotiate for more, so there’s no reason to turn unhappy. Only the comparison to others creates discontent.

It may not fit the situation perfectly but it’s the first that comes to my mind when hearing about the (totally understandable) feelings of being treated as a second class citizen because of the gog issue.

I wanted to quote the explanation I heard on one of the threads but can’t find it anymore. It basically said that it’s not in warhorses hands anymore. they signed the deal with steam back when the backing happened, so it’s set in stone, or something like that. I’m asking them to publish the statement more visibly but they’re really busy now a few days before release, so fingers crossed ^^

All in all, I think you shouldn’t miss out on this great game over this issue, they certainly didn’t mean to treat anyone worse than others, so I’d not take it personally at all. If there’s a game studio which is concerned about the wishes of the players and to reward their community, it’s Warhorse.

3 Likes

I’m really confused by this whole thread.

You’re essentially slandering the entire company over something as simple as what streaming platform the game is made available on… I mean, take a fkn chill pill and have a look at yourself. Seriously mate. You joined the community a whole 4 hours ago and a few days out from release you create the saltiest most confusing rant of a thread I’ve read in years.

If you gave it much thought, then I dare say that this perceived ‘issue’ of yours is something that actually rests more on Deep Silvers shoulders than the studio itself. DS are the ones managing distribution; Steam and GOG are simply alternate delivery mechanisms. So tone down the entitled and misdirected whining

If you’re so concerned, I suggest you attempt to contact Deep Silver. You backed a game, it’s being released on PC, be happy.

3 Likes

I don’t agree at all. Why do you think that? You don’t see any appeal in DRM free games?

2 Likes

Im not gonna complain with what they did with the project, I think they have done great things with it. One thing that annoys me though; preordering the game before the game being on steam was even being shown as a thought publicly, that we are now forced to a certain version of the game is disappointing.

2 Likes

it’s a nice option, but completely unnecessary and pointless. people make it out like they would die if they installed the steam instead of the gog version. i just don’t see any difference.

1 Like

Most DRM is benign anyways its just people wanting to feel like the have control.

1 Like

My way or the highway… :wink:

Self loathing and degradation? :wink: