Weapon Creation?

So I’m fairly sure I saw in a trailer that you’d have the ability to create your own weapons, and thought it was interesting. Will this give us the ability to forge our own weapons/designs, or will it be presets we can select to create a blade of our own choosing withing the parameters set by the developers? Sorry if it’s been brought up but I haven’t found a thread on it and I’d love to know.

1 Like

Mind sharing the video you thought you say this in?

As far as I know there has been no mention of custom weapons of any kind. The only things I have seen involving smiting is the ability to sharpen your sword on the grindstone.

Before the Dev team disabled the console command you could spawn a sword and try the grindstone out it was complete but it was neat for what had been done so far.

If we do end up seeing any weapon making I would assume it would be presets similar to Skyrim but maybe with the option to customize some etchings on the blade.

Thought I saw it in a trailer, it said something along the lines of build your own weapons and showed the grindstone in use. May have misinterpreted it but it had me wicked interested.

-Edit-

Reveal trailer, right around the 1:05 weapon it says "Craft your own weapons"

1 Like

Okay yeah, I remember seeing that. vague though huh.

Maybe @YuusouAmazing or @TobiTobsen can enlighten us further on the subject?

2 Likes

Latin lettering down the interior bevel of the blade mayhaps?

in realism games, it’s always going to be freedom to a degree. that’s the interesting part of realism games. it’s the main point, in fact. there’s always limitations there that simulation historical, physical, behavioral, social, etc limitations carried over from real life. this way gameplay mechanics are free to explore and branch off in ways most other games cannot, because they’re too interested in creating a fantasy world inhabited by nonsense where player has no frame of reference or ability to intuit behavior and mechanics. it’s an arbitrary mess.

all that to say most likely there’s going to be set parameters you cannot breach, that is there to maintain realism and immersion. being able to craft a katana, and then henry says “hmm, folded steel” might be fun once or twice, then it ruins atmosphere.

2 Likes