Weather, weather effects

WIll be there some weather effects like rain or lightning?

Yes. (20 characters)

That’s part of the Cryengine :wink:

what about snow?..

This depends on the story, I guess. As far as I know there’s not that much time progression in Act I but @TobiTobsen might be able to give you a proper response to that question.

All four seasons should be implemented with effects on our character. Too cold/warm --> need fireplace, warm cloth/rest near shadows of trees, need to drink, and so on

And how about natural disasters like blizzard, storm/extrem windy --> toppling trees,…

Greetings, there will be just one season for sure! And that’s late spring or early summer… depending on which you like more! :smiley: (Note: it’s the same! :slight_smile: )

The story we will deliver will take place in this time of the year! :slight_smile: (of Act 1!)

Please late spring please late spring please late spring :smiley:

Yeah let’s experience Spring Break in Bohemia! Can’t wait for the Wet Gambesom contest!

2 Likes

Uuuuh sexy :smiley:
Although i think that Gambesons are a bit too thick for that :smiley:

I believe that the weather effects (rain, snow, fog, thunderstorms …) are an important factor for making the simulation as realistic as possible and also suggestive. a good idea might be set the various acts in different seasons.

Just four post above :arrow_heading_up:

Hopefully Act II & III will give us winter and fall. Nothing like pissing rain to set the mood .

3 Likes

They planned to publish Act II (and Act III) 9 months later. I think this time is to short for changeing the complete setting. You need all textures new, models of trees, snow and tracks in snow, the clothing system, daily routine(no fishing, no working on field) ect.

And they planned to connect the new area from Act II (and Act III) with Act I. > Should be the same season between the acts.

No, I think there is only spring, summer…

Check the basic textures of the KDC world :wink:

I think it is very much doable. If their graphic team is so far ahead of other departments that they already decided to expand the map, they could very much start working on all of that long before the release of Act I.

2 Likes

All I want is snow, so I can hunt down a bear and and crawl inside of it.

1 Like